In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I know there have been a few posts about this, but has anyone successfully added a 1” or 1.5” leveling kit to a Trail Boss?  I read that some people have, but have not heard any updates or results. I ordered a 1” & 1.5” MotoFab off eBay, but wanted to check around before attempting to install. 4 Wheel Parts here in Orlando says it will put the CV joints at too much of an angle than they already are. 

I know there have been a few posts about this, but has anyone successfully added a 1” or 1.5” leveling kit to a Trail Boss?  I read that some people have, but have not heard any updates or results. I ordered a 1” & 1.5” MotoFab off eBay, but wanted to check around before attempting to install. 4 Wheel Parts here in Orlando says it will put the CV joints at too much of an angle than they already are. 
I have an AT4 and I put a 1.5" motofab leveling kit allowing me to fit 35's and my angles are fine. I'm also in Orlando if you want to see her in person

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, destrada127 said:

I have an AT4 and I put a 1.5" motofab leveling kit allowing me to fit 35's and my angles are fine. I'm also in Orlando if you want to see her in person

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well post some pictures of your set up

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just installed Rough Country 1.5” level kit for the Trail Boss. Pretty easy to do. I do, however, recommend you use a shop to compress the springs. The ones you can ‘rent’ from auto zone won’t compress them enough

00978DDF-1B89-4052-BBE4-5ECE60311F8D.jpeg

924C4299-1546-413E-8542-8A1368760C05.jpeg

Have had the Rough C ountry 1.5 level installed on mine for a couple months now. No issues, CV angles are fine. Clears 35x12.50R18 just fine on stock wheels no spacers. x2 on having a shop install kit though the strut springs on these trucks are stout.

IMG-1338.jpg

IMG-1337.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tnp775 said:

Have had the Rough C ountry 1.5 level installed on mine for a couple months now. No issues, CV angles are fine. Clears 35x12.50R18 just fine on stock wheels no spacers. x2 on having a shop install kit though the strut springs on these trucks are stout.

IMG-1338.jpg

IMG-1337.jpg

How much they charge ya for installing it?   Trying to decide on doing this or lowering the rear a tad bit 

36 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

How much they charge ya for installing it?   Trying to decide on doing this or lowering the rear a tad bit 

I’m the service manager at a dealership so luckily for me nothing but I would have charged about 250 to install one

47 minutes ago, tnp775 said:

I’m the service manager at a dealership so luckily for me nothing but I would have charged about 250 to install one

Thanks man. I think I’m gonna go with this level kit.  All your angles look ok?  

That’s the same question I had on my truck but ..I have a 10 in suspension with the stock cv joints and everything is perfect ..but my question is if I can still put 2 inches more with a Leveling kit on top of my suspension ,I was wondering if that’s not gonna affected my cv joints ..now that I’m gonna lift it little more ..if anyone knows, let me know if I can still put that on to of my suspension 

Edited by Rudyy25

On 4/29/2020 at 10:42 AM, tnp775 said:

IMG-1338.jpg

IMG-1337.jpg

What tires are you running specifically? TIA