Unsettling Experience

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

It’s the rear end, happened to me in my 14, a small amount of ripples in the road created a serious bucking issue in the rear and freaked me out too. I seriously think it’s a major GM rear end issue but I believe was resolved. I resolved mine with new shocks in the rear. I noticed it a bit in my 18 CC Z71 also but nothing like the 14 had and then lifted my truck with CST front coil overs and rear piggyback shocks and an add a leaf. Every vehicle has some sort of issues, my neighbor has a beautiful ford he hardly drives, he hates it and he even has a bit of a skip in the rear end.

Personally, IMHO, I’d switch out the rear shocks and add a few bags of sand in the back just to test out the angle of the rear end.

Sent from above

That makes sense.  There's a washboard in the road near my house that's about 8-10 feet long right before an intersection.  First time I hit it in my 14 slowing down for the intersection the ass end walked towards the ditch rapidly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

That makes sense.  There's a washboard in the road near my house that's about 8-10 feet long right before an intersection.  First time I hit it in my 14 slowing down for the intersection the ass end walked towards the ditch rapidly.

It's what started Pepper's full suspension make over. I took a sledgehammer to a thumbtack, granted, but it did move that problem to a place beyond my daily operating experience. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Slowing down will fix the issue IMO.

:)

Apparently so. It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy. I didn't realize that. I thought 35 on a straight road was slow enough.

I'm still holding hopes it was a rare one-time thing. I drove on it with my Ford numerous times going 50 which is the speed limit. I just drove on it again and the new Chevy didn't do that. I think it has to be the right speed at the right spot to produce that effect.

Bingo, I’ve started to think it’s all about the block angles in the rear along with suspension. Reason being, I never really thought about the rear block tapered angles until I lifted my truck and heard horror stories of same thing happening to other lifted trucks due to not having the correct tapered rear blocks with wrong slope angles. This is why I ALWAYS remind everyone never do cheap suspension mods just to have the look, save and get high quality manufacturers cause you’re paying for the engineering and technology that’s gone into their products and this is why I chose CST Performance Suspension parts. Heck, I’d even call CST and ask for their custom made tapered oem rear blocks, may completely fix the issue. Btw, my 14 bucked downward and shuddered when I went over little washboard roads, didn’t just vibrate side to side.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

I'm still holding hopes it was a rare one-time thing. I drove on it with my Ford numerous times going 50 which is the speed limit. I just drove on it again and the new Chevy didn't do that. I think it has to be the right speed at the right spot to produce that effect.

Sorry, I’m confused, thought you were discussing your K2 Chevy, are you in a new T1 now?

Sent from above

All I know is every truck I have owned slowing down stopped the back end from dancing and going sideways on wash board dirt roads.

Or going faster when it's safe also works.

:)

• Like 4

I wasn't touching any one of my pedals when that happened. I saw the dry dirt and let off the gas. I was going 35 on a 50 mph road. Apparently, that wasn't slow enough. My Ford had no problem doing 50 every day. The debris has been there for about 3 weeks. I know a washboard can do that too.

Edited by Wiggums

Sorry but I’m even more confused as to where you’re going with this? Your topic starts off with your one week old truck having the issues and just said your new T1 isn’t having the issues so you’re not having issues with your new one week old truck?

Sent from above

I drive on it every day. It was the first time I drove in it with the new Chevy and have been going back and forth trying to see if that happens again.

It replaced the Ford I used to have.

18 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

It's a 2019 Silverado so I guess it's a T1.

Post up a picture please, there are 2019 K2 and 2019 T1 trucks, a picture will clear up any confusion.

First you said your one week old truck is pissing you off with the issues, then you said your ford didn’t have the issues then you just said your new Chevy isn’t doing it.... so if your new Chevy is the one week old truck then WHAT are you talking about????

Sent from above

Had I not jerked the steering wheel quick enough to straighten it up, I would have hit the guy on the road. The shudder got me about 4 ft out of my lane. The Chevy hasn't done that again but it is a safety issue that shouldn't be ignored. Others have chimed in with similar experiences so I'm not alone.

I drove on this road about 15 times after that incident and it is not doing that anymore which is a good thing but I will have to keep watching for that.