Unsettling Experience

Had I not jerked the steering wheel quick enough to straighten it up, I would have hit the guy on the road. The shudder got me about 4 ft out of my lane. The Chevy hasn't done that again but it is a safety issue that shouldn't be ignored. Others have chimed in with similar experiences so I'm not alone.

I drove on this road about 15 times after that incident and it is not doing that anymore which is a good thing but I will have to keep watching for that.

Are you stating this happened with your new one week old T1?

Sent from above

11 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Are you stating this happened with your new one week old T1?

Sent from above

Yes. It occurred a few days ago. It's the all-new 2019 Silverado. Been driving on it again to see if that happens but it hasn't.

I really don't even understand what he is complaining here about to be honest. All i can gather is he was driving down a bumpy dirt covered road after it was flooded and his back end kicked out more than likely after hitting a pothole as god knows the roads are a disgrace in most states after winter months in our country. Or maybe the gm clunk which can be rather jarring at times kicked the back end out because of the low traction and he went sliding a bit?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wiggums said:

The road itself was flooded a few weeks before so it had quite a bit of dirt on it.

It was straight and dry that day.

I was going 35 and let off the gas. No brakes.

The rear axle shuddered and I was quite a bit off angle-wise, forcing me to steer from hitting the guy.

I am a little pissed about that, I bought that a week ago. I have never experienced that in any one of my vehicles.

That's a road problem, not a truck problem.  Try and replicate it.  Used to happen to me in my F150 on washboard roads and again in just about every other automobile we've driven.

• Like 2

I've driven on numerous roads that were covered in dirt. Not once have I had a vehicle nearly getting off the road especially since I wasn't pushing any one of the pedals on a very straight road.

Spent two days trying to replicate the problem but it's never happened again which is a good thing. The back end shifted about a foot away, forcing me to steer it back on the road quickly. The truck was about 4 ft off the lane.

4 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

This still ongoing?

Clean your shorts and move on.

:)

Well, I am still wondering what kind of truck he has? I asked for a picture since he was not even sure K2 or T1. How hard is it to post a picture....unless :cool: Hummm

2019 doesn't mean a thing to me if he isn't sure of the truck he just purchased.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

I've driven on numerous roads that were covered in dirt. Not once have I had a vehicle nearly getting off the road especially since I wasn't pushing any one of the pedals on a very straight road.

Spent two days trying to replicate the problem but it's never happened again which is a good thing. The back end shifted about a foot away, forcing me to steer it back on the road quickly. The truck was about 4 ft off the lane.

That’s cause it’s driver error not a truck build error, your experiencing reckless driving syndrome. I’ve owned many makes and only experienced your complaint during over accelerating in loose dirt. Your lucky you didn’t hit anyone obviously driving to fast and losing control cause then you’d be in a “Don’t drop the soap forum”.

And I thought my OCD was bad, oh well, at least my OCD is keeping my fluids changed sooner than later.

Good luck to everyone, I’m off to order more Amsoil products for my 3-4K mile oil changes woohoo

Btw, you never posted a pick of your truck as per SS502 asked in order to help you figure out what you own

Sent from above

Going 35 on a 50 mph road? Going completely straight on a straight road. None of the pedals were being pushed, I had eased on the gas because I could see the dry dirt on the road. None of the other vehicles have done that.

And the reason I didn't respond to him was because I have him on ignore. Want the picture? I'm surprised nobody thought about looking at my profile... but here it is:

Silverado.jpg

14 hours ago, Wiggums said:

I'm regretting the purchase.

No pressure on any of the pedals on a dry terrain. It shouldn't be off angle wise.

Should have stuck with a Ford, it never did that. That Chevy is a piece of shit, there, I said it, you Chevy fanboys.

So trade out and go back to Ford...End of thread...Who cares

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Going 35 on a 50 mph road? Going completely straight on a straight road. None of the pedals were being pushed, I had eased on the gas because I could see the dry dirt on the road. None of the other vehicles have done that.

And the reason I didn't respond to him was because I have him on ignore. Want the picture? I'm surprised nobody thought about looking at my profile... but here it is:

Silverado.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

And that's my truck after getting the bedliner. She was only 2 days old that time.

Bedliner.jpg

Nice T1, might get more response from the T1 section. Ignore all you want, I could care less but ya still should have gone back and told the guy why you almost ran him over.

• Like 1