Unsettling Experience

2 minutes ago, NCPGMC said:

So trade out and go back to Ford...End of thread...Who cares

Great advice and I'm definitely doing that when Ford comes up with an all-new model in 2020. If it was a mild annoyance, I would not have minded but this is a safety issue. Ridiculous, no wonder Ford sells a lot more trucks than Chevy.

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Great advice and I'm definitely doing that when Ford comes up with an all-new model in 2020. If it was a mild annoyance, I would not have minded but this is a safety issue. Ridiculous, no wonder Ford sells a lot more trucks than Chevy.

Bye! And again, no one cares that you park your Ford under the bridge troll...

Edited by NCPGMC
spelling
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Wiggums said:

I'm regretting the purchase.

No pressure on any of the pedals on a dry terrain. It shouldn't be off angle wise.

Should have stuck with a Ford, it never did that. That Chevy is a piece of shit, there, I said it, you Chevy fanboys.

14 hours ago, Wiggums said:

More likely going back to Ford. I liked the F-150 but Chevy had better incentives. Now I see why.

5 hours ago, SS502 said:

Enough said...go back to Ford or better yet...UBER

Ehhh, I'll stick to my initial reply :sleep:

• Like 1

For the record I'm not GM bashing, I'm repeating experiences or what Iv read on this site. So hear it goes. There's been a thread or two about pedal flex. You mention some acceleration. Is it possible more throttle input than you realized. Maybe you have limited slip. A little too much throttle and a locking rear could cause sideways slid especially on truck suspension. Just throwing darts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice T1, might get more response from the T1 section. Ignore all you want, I could care less but ya still should have gone back and told the guy why you almost ran him over.

Just asked my neighbor which he overlands, if he’s ever noticed his 18 f150 platinum ever have his rear end skip over uneven terrain, his answer was “YES!” And this will be with every truck due to their light weight truck beds especially noticeable in lighter truck beds. Tons of Ex-F150 GM owners in here and sure vice-versa, always will be but I’d look at aftermarket performance shocks they’re designed to smoothen out that skipping

Sent from above

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Just asked my neighbor which he overlands, if he’s ever noticed his 18 f150 platinum ever have his rear end skip over uneven terrain, his answer was “YES!” And this will be with every truck due to their light weight truck beds especially noticeable in lighter truck beds. Tons of Ex-F150 GM owners in here and sure vice-versa, always will be but I’d look at aftermarket performance shocks they’re designed to smoothen out that skipping

Sent from above

Deleted, my comment was not remotely called for.

Edited by SS502
Removed my rude comment, apologies to all

11 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

For the record I'm not GM bashing, I'm repeating experiences or what Iv read on this site. So hear it goes. There's been a thread or two about pedal flex. You mention some acceleration. Is it possible more throttle input than you realized. Maybe you have limited slip. A little too much throttle and a locking rear could cause sideways slid especially on truck suspension. Just throwing darts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I appreciate that.

No acceleration for sure, I took my foot off about 10 seconds before hitting that rough patch on the road. It's been like that for three weeks and the city hasn't done anything to it. Quite frankly, I'd expect a sideway slid if the road was curved. That was what caught me off-guard, I did not expect this to occur at all on a straight road. Wasn't hitting brakes either. My Ford has done it only on curved roads, but not straight.

I have gone back and forth quite a bit lately just to replicate that but it hasn't come back. That's why I said I hope it's a one-time thing and it has to be a combination of terrain, speed, wind, and the position of Venus and Mars in order for this to happen again.

11 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

That's why I mentioned the shell on my 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 with electronic locking axle and that could be the reason why it's never done that. I'd expect rear end skips on rough terrain, but not by this much. I had to jerk the steering wheel quickly afterwards.

Edited by Wiggums

And I appreciate that.

No acceleration for sure, I took my foot off about 10 seconds before hitting that rough patch on the road. It's been like that for three weeks and the city hasn't done anything to it. Quite frankly, I'd expect a sideway slid if the road was curved. That was what caught me off-guard, I did not expect this to occur at all on a straight road. Wasn't hitting brakes either. My Ford has done it only on curved roads, but not straight.

I have gone back and forth quite a bit lately just to replicate that but it hasn't come back. That's why I said I hope it's a one-time thing and it has to be a combination of terrain, speed, wind, and the position of Venus and Mars in order for this to happen again.

It can only be shock- spring related, tire pressure even, on a crown road maybe. Or perfect storm, it happens. I wouldn’t blame the truck, they all have different things to get used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

It can only be shock- spring related, tire pressure even, on a crown road maybe. Or perfect storm, it happens. I wouldn’t blame the truck, they all have different things to get used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe driving through a 12" deep bar of sand 8' wide?  That might do it, since it was once a flooded road.  

That's why I mentioned the shell on my 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 with electronic locking axle and that could be the reason why it's never done that. I'd expect rear end skips on rough terrain, but not by this much. I had to jerk the steering wheel quickly afterwards.

It must have been the perfect little moment that caused that skip that escalated due to loose and uneven dirt road, that being said your new T1 is a great truck and designed to be smoother than the previous K2 and as a matter of fact have seen a large amount of Ford owners getting into the new T1’s with enormous gratitude and love for them. It must have been a fluke and I’d just leave it at that. Originally, I thought you were talking about the 2014-2018 K2’s which easily fixed with high end aftermarket shocks. Good luck and drive safely!

Sent from above
  • Thanks 1

I live on a gravel road, I see this issue on the edges or turns of freshly graded road, where the road grader’s blade deposits the road base in uniformly spaced hills and valleys. Evenly spaced bumps about 8”-12” apart will encourage any pick up to chatter or have rear end hop. Especially if you happen to hit them at just the right speed to have the suspension “springboard” from compression to extension as it crests the next bump. 

This is isn’t a brand specific occurrence, no matter how much anyone wants it to be. 

OP- maybe chalk this up as part of the familiarization process for the new truck.  In the winter months here, a lot of drivers put a sandbag over the axle on each side of the bed. It helps to make the unloaded, “heavy suspension” truck handle a little better by evening out the weight over alll four wheels somewhat.  Not a fix per se, but another tool to try while learning the handling characteristics of the new truck. This might also be a good opportunity to fine tune your response to the traction control ”nannies”.

Not to sound too much like a fanboy, but I am still very pleased with my Rough Country traction bars. I saw a significant improvement in the rear end’s connection to the road after their install.

• Like 1

I live on a gravel road, I see this issue on the edges or turns of freshly graded road, where the road grader’s blade deposits the road base in uniformly spaced hills and valleys. Evenly spaced bumps about 8”-12” apart will encourage any pick up to chatter or have rear end hop. Especially if you happen to hit them at just the right speed to have the suspension “springboard” from compression to extension as it crests the next bump. 

This is isn’t a brand specific occurrence, no matter how much anyone wants it to be. 

OP- maybe chalk this up as part of the familiarization process for the new truck.  In the winter months here, a lot of drivers put a sandbag over the axle on each side of the bed. It helps to make the unloaded, “heavy suspension” truck handle a little better by evening out the weight over alll four wheels somewhat.  Not a fix per se, but another tool to try while learning the handling characteristics of the new truck. This might also be a good opportunity to fine tune your response to the traction control ”nannies”.

Not to sound too much like a fanboy, but I am still very pleased with my Rough Country traction bars. I saw a significant improvement in the rear end’s connection to the road after their install.

You’re correct, great shocks along with traction bars are great tools that’ll help manage and or stop rear skip. Well said Darksky!

Sent from above

Well, now that’s all figured out looks like I’m headed to my favorite frozen yoghurt shop to get dark chocolate with nuts then off to the gun shop for a few more containers of Match Grade ammunition. Being retired sucks!

Sent from above

• Haha 1