Question about afm

On 3/18/2019 at 10:54 PM, Pgrecs said:

Have a 2013 5.3L Sierra SLT with afm still on and about 210k km. I’ve been reading a lot about disabling afm and all and how it drinks oil and spark plugs get coated in some nasty soot. So today I did my spark plugs to see if there was any build up. Cause they were done about 10 months ago or longer (i think).

when I checked the old spark plugs 1 through 8 they all looked fairly the same and had absolutely no soot build up of any kind and my oil doesn’t seem to be burning. 

So my question is. Should I still disable afm? Since I bought the truck 3 years ago now I haven’t had any issues (must have been built on a wedensday lol). Should I not chance it and just do it? Or leave the can of worms un opened

210K!!   Don't touch it!  Be happy and drive it..

One question..  Does it have a catch can?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2019 at 8:54 PM, Pgrecs said:

Have a 2013 5.3L Sierra SLT with afm still on and about 210k km. I’ve been reading a lot about disabling afm and all and how it drinks oil and spark plugs get coated in some nasty soot. So today I did my spark plugs to see if there was any build up. Cause they were done about 10 months ago or longer (i think).

when I checked the old spark plugs 1 through 8 they all looked fairly the same and had absolutely no soot build up of any kind and my oil doesn’t seem to be burning. 

So my question is. Should I still disable afm? Since I bought the truck 3 years ago now I haven’t had any issues (must have been built on a wedensday lol). Should I not chance it and just do it? Or leave the can of worms un opened

just do regular oil changes  the people who damaged their engines did it by doing 7500-10,000 mile  oil changes.  3000-3800 miles is my general rule  I have a 6.0L(rpo LFA) Wednesday engine as well  almost 90k miles  on it  no consumption with AFM

Honestly the oil change is cheap  most of the time it would be about 20 to 35$ DIY..  with  rebates etc...

it's still cheaper then buying new engine for $5,000...

DIRTY OIL/Sludge FOULS UP THE  Active Fuel Management  sensor   that is how the engine gets DAMAGED PERMANENTLY ...

seals and o-rings  wear out from the beating they take from the dirty oil...

a dirty AFM sensor is a broken engine

just like dirty sand water in the river wears out rocks...   while CLEAN water in the pipes, they last for 100 years...

my 6.0L engine with the hybrid module..  and AFM  the savings are real  I have saved over $800 so far compared to a normal non hybrid 5.3L

(24.5MPG last combined over 500 miles)

it only cost me 16 cents per mile   THAT IS with gas prices at  almost $4 per gallon

NO sludge NO dirty oil in my engine ..

active fuel management works  great    

Mobil or Chevron/Texaco Work perfectly with it  (STAY away from SHELL or Arco/BP  or any other stations they will cause your AFM to fudge up )

91/93  (E30 E85 if Flex-Fuel equipped)  Octane for best performance of AFM   the HIGHEST RPM I have seen V4 mode work is at 1800 to 1900 rpm 

I check my fluids every 500 miles  cold  sitting for at lest 10 hours minimum  to make sure I get the correct  levels.. and flat level ground

5000 mile full synthetic oil changes and a premium oil filter are your friends.  Do this, and you'll be happy.  Rotate the tires at the same time! 

• Like 1