Considering Borla Touring duals straight out the back

It’s is a little difficult pulling the stock exhaust out, but manageable. Iv ran the ATAK for a couple years of course the cold start but I don’t really notice the exhaust being loud anymore. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sean D said:

It’s is a little difficult pulling the stock exhaust out, but manageable. Iv ran the ATAK for a couple years of course the cold start but I don’t really notice the exhaust being loud anymore. 

Has only been 6 months for me and you are spot on...cold starts will make your neighbors love you but beyond that it’s very livable. Any of the Borla systems are well designed and sound better than stock. I didn’t keep my stock exhaust, around here you can get a fairly new takeoff for about $100 but you have to be on a callback list since most just cut it off and throw it in the recycle dumpster. I guess the thing to consider now is that the K2 is pretty much done and the exhaust upgrades will slow so it might be a good idea to keep the original if you have room.

I literally just installed Borla part number 140535 yesterday. The truck has a nice rumble on start up and acceleration where its louder than I expected. But at cruising speeds, you would think the truck is stock and thats exactly what I wanted. You can hear the difference at highway speeds between V8 mode and when it kicks off 4 cylinders but I wouldn't call it a drone. My wife who isn't a car person, doesn't mind the sound. The going price is $1000 but I got mine off eBay. I waited until eBay had a coupon and got mine for $826 shipped. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this system. Its great and was easy to install. 

IMG_0794 (2).JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SS502 said:

...cold starts will make your neighbors love you....

I could care less about my neighbors. I live in a cul de sac and I'm the only one that don't have a Harley. They like to start them and let them idle for 15 minutes to warm them up . Like a car in the winter.

I don't get it,   its already warm outside. I get along with my neighbors but it gets old.

I wish I had open headers just for them.

My old neighbor that just moved about a year ago liked to go out and snowblow his driveway at 3am

I couldn't stand the A hole. I probably called the cops on him at least 10 times over the years because he thought he was out in the country and could make all the racket he wanted to. . He just didn't get it .

Oh yeah I'm one of those " get off my lawn types". ?

• Like 2

I got my Borla exhaust yesterday and stuck it in the garage. I ordered it off eBay last week. Well today I went to start unhooking the stock exhaust and I happened to notice they sent me the wrong system .

They sent the Touring not the S type.

I contacted the seller and he's going to next day air the right one. I doubt I'll see it until Monday. So I guess I got to wait until then dammit.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 9:38 PM, dieselfan1 said:

I got my Borla exhaust yesterday and stuck it in the garage. I ordered it off eBay last week. Well today I went to start unhooking the stock exhaust and I happened to notice they sent me the wrong system .

They sent the Touring not the S type.

I contacted the seller and he's going to next day air the right one. I doubt I'll see it until Monday. So I guess I got to wait until then dammit.

That sucks...glad you noticed before the completed removal of the stock one. Hopefully they get you the right one this time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Did ya get the new one?

No

He told me that they don't do next day air on weekends.

I say B.S.

He just didn't want to pay any more than he has too.

Don't matter he said he is going to refund some of the purchase price and I'm probably too busy this week to get it installed until the weekend.

I hope he gives me back at least $100. 

• Like 1

Good thing you didn't hack that sucker up! You would have had to install the touring instead of the S!

On a side note, I clamped the flapper open on my GMPP Borla Friday and took a drive with the dog. Man how can anyone say they don't hear that pulsating, head bursting, echo warfare going on? I mean I even have a resonator in after the flapper and I can still feel my head blowing up! I think my dog is now deaf as well.

Long story short, better turn off the V4. 

I wonder how bad the drone will be?

Borla claims no drone. I don't believe it though. I probably will be getting a range disabler if it's unbearable. In the meantime I'll run it in 5th gear 

I got the Borla S Type installed tonight.

Took about 2 hours total. Piece of cake to install. 

Sounds pretty good. Not too loud but loud enough to hear it . 

It does drone in V4 around 1500 rpm. Not unbearable though.

Stinks from the oil they put on it hopefully it burns off tomorrow.

Glad I didn't get the touring also glad I didn't get the ATAK. Looks pretty good too.  I'll put up some pics tomorrow too dark now.

Got a cool hat too.

1554345914614893620707216413104.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 2