Infotainment goes full brightness with rear backup camera on at night

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:38 PM, RobZ said:

I have the same issue with the blinding backup screen at night. I keep my hand over the screen when backing up. Hope they get a fix for this.

Anyone heard of an update for this, now that it is getting dark earlier in the NE it is really becoming more of an issue.  It is blinding when I put the truck into reverse. 

19 minutes ago, alipor said:

Anyone heard of an update for this, now that it is getting dark earlier in the NE it is really becoming more of an issue.  It is blinding when I put the truck into reverse. 

If you are driving a '19 the TSB doesn't cover it...

Edited by NCPGMC

Yup my 2019 rst is absolutely horrible way too bright obviously gm engineers don’t drive their own product or their not really engineers? It’s quite dangerous and definitely a safety issue I’ve reported it to nhtsa they just need lots of complaints before gm will fix things, I hope they can fix this cause it makes me hate my truck I wish I could just turn it off! I’ve tried holding the off button no mater what you do it always turns on when in reverse 

• 2 months later...