chirping noise ,still not addressed

I still have a chirping noise upon startup of the truck. 2019 GMC Denali 6.2 , sounds like a fan belt or serpentine belt but im told its in the exhaust valve built into the exhaust system. GM has told the servicing dealer who by the way has been GREAT to deal with that if they can find another truck to make this chirping noise that it is supposed to be like that. I told them NO ,if another truck makes a chirping noise that means they have 2 trucks that have a problem. I have requested to have the exhaust replaced and to speak with a engineer or regional representative to find out why they refuse to fix this issue .it has been well over a month but no response from GM ,This is becoming VERY annoying to have to spend this much time to fix a brand new vehicle with 3000 miles on it. Where is the service after the sale from GM .Things break,I get it ,just fix it already.  Sorry for the rant everybody 

• 2 weeks later...

6.2 man, is your 2019 the new T1 design or the LD version ?

If you have the K2 LD version then the chirp is most likely your exhaust flapper valve.

Many have had their whole exhaust systems replaced due to this.

The flapper was re-designed in 2016 after many complaints on the earlier 14 & 15 models like mine.

Sometimes when out driving you can also hear the chirp when the engine switches from V4 back to V8.

The dealership has diagnosed the noise to the exhaust flapper but will not order me a new exhaust,they are waiting on a engineer to come in but say he is very busy and it may take a while,well its been about a month and a half with this and no thing has changed,I have repeatedly asked them to order me a exhaust but for some reason they will not.

When I start my 19 Trailboss 5.3 cold with 1100 miles I hear a click sound every second when at idle,like something making a full revolution then click.Not a tap or chirp,when the rpms drops down to 500 it goes away. Done this from the first day only does this with a cold idle ,I am thinking fuel injection.You have to have the window down to hear,or next to another car or wall.I am not worrying about it,I am calming down in my elder yrs.

Edited by K455

On 4/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, K455 said:

When I start my 19 Trailboss 5.3 cold with 1100 miles I hear a click sound every second when at idle,like something making a full revolution then click.Not a tap or chirp,when the rpms drops down to 500 it goes away. Done this from the first day only does this with a cold idle ,I am thinking fuel injection.You have to have the window down to hear,or next to another car or wall.I am not worrying about it,I am calming down in my elder yrs.

By your description, I have the same clicking sound on my 5.3l trailboss. I was just at the dealer asking if it was normal, the tech "guessed" it was normal. I'll be finding a new dealer to ask and maybe start a couple trucks on the lot to hear what they sound like. 

6.2 man, mine sounds like a click every second at idle, kinda sounds like a bad serpentine belt would, need to be standing close to the front of the truck to hear it. is that what yours sounds like? 

I am glad I am not the only one noticing this, it is not a major damaging sound I am thinking it may be the exhaust manifold getting hot.Ever notice when you shut your bike off Harley etc.. and hear the exhaust clicking. I wonder,I really do not think it is major,but It is not a tap,tick,slap, CLICK I say only on cold start idle and stops at 500 rpms when idle comes down or soon after.It just may be the manifold expanding because new.I have to say this Trail boss rides plush for what it is,I seen a post where a female was complaining about the ride,I disagree.

I am glad My OCD is not alone.

Keith

Edited by K455

I still have a chirping noise upon startup of the truck. 2019 GMC Denali 6.2 , sounds like a fan belt or serpentine belt but im told its in the exhaust valve built into the exhaust system. GM has told the servicing dealer who by the way has been GREAT to deal with that if they can find another truck to make this chirping noise that it is supposed to be like that. I told them NO ,if another truck makes a chirping noise that means they have 2 trucks that have a problem. I have requested to have the exhaust replaced and to speak with a engineer or regional representative to find out why they refuse to fix this issue .it has been well over a month but no response from GM ,This is becoming VERY annoying to have to spend this much time to fix a brand new vehicle with 3000 miles on it. Where is the service after the sale from GM .Things break,I get it ,just fix it already.  Sorry for the rant everybody 

Problem solved for under $6, clamp it open. Do that and see if the noise goes away.7a6f544546af0959e8b9440e30396d1f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had this same noise. I tied off my flapper valve and that made no difference.

I put my truck up on a rack and was looking for anything that could be causing this noise. It sounded like it was coming from just left of center of the dash from the inside. I found that the drivers side of the engine the ignition coil cover was off and was down and wedged between the steering shaft and the engine. And it is not like it could just fall off. It has a crankcase vent line that goes through it when it is installed in its correct place. So it had to have been there from the factory. Maybe they tried to install it without pulling the vent line out and that caused it to come off over time. I put it back where it belonged and the noise went away.

• Like 1

I had this same noise. I tied off my flapper valve and that made no difference.

I put my truck up on a rack and was looking for anything that could be causing this noise. It sounded like it was coming from just left of center of the dash from the inside. I found that the drivers side of the engine the ignition coil cover was off and was down and wedged between the steering shaft and the engine. And it is not like it could just fall off. It has a crankcase vent line that goes through it when it is installed in its correct place. So it had to have been there from the factory. Maybe they tried to install it without pulling the vent line out and that caused it to come off over time. I put it back where it belonged and the noise went away.
Wow. Did you take a picture of it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk