Is leveling a 2019 trail boss possible and has anyone done it yet

On 3/20/2019 at 5:57 PM, Blakewebber said:

Is leveling a trail boss doable, just want some easy answers, has anyone already done it? 

Some have done it but there is no official kit yet.  Most are using a 1.5 inch Motofab kit if they decide to do it.  The Trailboss is already lifted 2 inches in the front and back and adding a level is like stacking two lifts on top of each other.  It's not very good for the angles, axles, ball joints, etc although the angles look okay from the pictures some have posted.  It's up to you which route you want to take, wait for an official kit or go the Motofab route 

This vidieo is horrible IMO of course!  We all know it can be done, but they dont talk about angles or extra wear and tear or anything.  They only say it can be done, we already knew that!  I want solid information about angles and how it will affect the truck, wear and tear, etc.  Manufactures havent made a level for this truck for a reason, nor do they recommend doing this to level your truck.

I just installed the 1" motofab on my trailboss. I personally wouldn't go more than 1", at full droop the upper ball joint looks maxed out. My truck now has a half inch of rake and I'm happy with it. Getting it aligned tomorrow then trying to stuff 35/12.5R18 KO2's 

• Like 2

I just installed the 1" motofab on my trailboss. I personally wouldn't go more than 1", at full droop the upper ball joint looks maxed out. My truck now has a half inch of rake and I'm happy with it. Getting it aligned tomorrow then trying to stuff 35/12.5R18 KO2's 

Half inch of rake? Mine AT4 has 2.5” of rake stock so I have the 1.5” leveling kit sitting in the garage thinking when I install it would give me a 1” rake. Does the trailboss have less of a rake from factory?@Donnyb313

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, asalinasz39 said:

Half inch of rake? Mine AT4 has 2.5” of rake stock so I have the 1.5” leveling kit sitting in the garage thinking when I install it would give me a 1” rake. Does the trailboss have less of a rake from factory?@Donnyb313

It does seem to vary from different trucks, how that is possible I dont know.  I know tire pressure but still shouldnt vary that much.  Mine as it sits with 41psi has a 2" rake.  39.2" in front and 41.2" in rear.  I have a Trial Boss

1 hour ago, Trailboss75 said:

It does seem to vary from different trucks, how that is possible I dont know.  I know tire pressure but still shouldnt vary that much.  Mine as it sits with 41psi has a 2" rake.  39.2" in front and 41.2" in rear.  I have a Trial Boss

I need to measure mine. i have a little extra rake in mine from the airbags i added. I'm not gonna lie its a little annoying.

I will re-calibrate my tires to 42 i believe that’s what the onstar report would call for and re measure front and rear. Shouldn’t make a huge difference as you stated as my tires are currently at 37-39.