Best proformance muffle to put in 2019 Silverado to give it some good sound and.... go?

Looking to put proformance muffler on my 2019 trail boss, it comes with the “dule” exhaust, any suggestions which one to go with to give it a little something that I feel like it’s lacking. Had dule magnaflow on 2008 gmc slt, that was great. Any thoughts would help 

5 hours ago, Blakewebber said:

Looking to put proformance muffler on my 2019 trail boss, it comes with the “dule” exhaust, any suggestions which one to go with to give it a little something that I feel like it’s lacking. Had dule magnaflow on 2008 gmc slt, that was great. Any thoughts would help 

I did the borla ATAK muffler on my 6.2 sounds amazing!

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 6:09 PM, Blakewebber said:

On 3/20/2019 at 11:23 PM, DanHc said:

I did the borla ATAK muffler on my 6.2 sounds amazing!

I have an electronic cutout that dumps before the muffler.  It's very loud, deep, and throaty.

• 2 weeks later...

I did flomaster 40's on mine. NOT impressed. It's got a slight rumble, but at idle, it's barely more noticeable over stock. You can basically only hear it when you punch it. In cabin, It's almost unnoticeable at all under all conditions.

19 minutes ago, Z71RST said:

I did flomaster 40's on mine. NOT impressed. It's got a slight rumble, but at idle, it's barely more noticeable over stock. You can basically only hear it when you punch it. In cabin, It's almost unnoticeable at all under all conditions.

That’s weird my borla Atak muffler is quite noticeable at idle while the truck is just standing there you can hear the rumble it’s not loud but much more than stock imo.

54 minutes ago, Z71RST said:

I have an electric cutout on my Trail Boss and it's very loud and throaty, with almost no drone and the option to close it to become completely quiet when needed.

46 minutes ago, DanHc said:

That’s weird my borla Atak muffler is quite noticeable at idle while the truck is just standing there you can hear the rumble it’s not loud but much more than stock imo.

I'm going to try covering the resonators, or whatever people are calling the holes in the exhaust after the muffler. Supposedly that will give me the sound I'm looking for and expected.

14 minutes ago, z1boss said:

I have an electric cutout on my Trail Boss and it's very loud and throaty, with almost no drone and the option to close it to become completely quiet when needed.

I would kill for an electric cutout. I'm going to try covering the resonators first and see if that gives me the sound I'm wanting though. I'll travel other roads as needed if this doesn't work.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Z71RST said:

I'm going to try covering the resonators, or whatever people are calling the holes in the exhaust after the muffler. Supposedly that will give me the sound I'm looking for and expected.

I got the resonators in the back cut out and replaced them with a straight pipe that’s what truly made the difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanHc said:

I got the resonators in the back cut out and replaced them with a straight pipe that’s what truly made the difference.

I’m noticing the exact same thing with my Magnaflow. With the resonators covered it’s what I expected.  Leaving them uncovered I only hear the exhaust under hard acceleration. 

Edited by Limelight