Best proformance muffle to put in 2019 Silverado to give it some good sound and.... go?

3 hours ago, Limelight said:

I’m noticing the exact same thing with my Magnaflow. With the resonators covered it’s what I expected.  Leaving them uncovered I only hear the exhaust under hard acceleration. 

Yup same with mine but after I got them off the exhaust got much louder

11 minutes ago, DanHc said:

Yes it looks exactly like that one! 

If you get bored and want to post a vid with a sound clip I'd sure appreciate it!

Do you get much snapping or crackling on acceleration? Any drone in the cab while cruising?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Donnyb313 said:

If you get bored and want to post a vid with a sound clip I'd sure appreciate it!

Do you get much snapping or crackling on acceleration? Any drone in the cab while cruising?

Thanks!

Only way to post a vid is through YouTube right? 

Drone is minimal if any. As when I accelerate it does get a bit loud in the cabin but I should mention I have a heavy foot lol but when cruising I barely even notice it. Also I have the k&n intake which made the exhaust a bit louder.

16 hours ago, DanHc said:

Only way to post a vid is through YouTube right? 

Drone is minimal if any. As when I accelerate it does get a bit loud in the cabin but I should mention I have a heavy foot lol but when cruising I barely even notice it. Also I have the k&n intake which made the exhaust a bit louder.

I think youtube would probably be easiest. I'd really like to hear that muffler. The only clip I could find was this one below.  That truck has LT headers, no cats and no resonators. So it is pretty loud and crackles. Does yours sound like this?

I really don't want much snapping or crackling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhMoRBDHBO4&t=2s

On 4/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, DanHc said:

Yup same with mine but after I got them off the exhaust got much louder

Do you notice a difference in sound when cylinders start cutting out?  Did you remove the flappers?  And you replaced the mesh "resonator" sections in the back? 

11 hours ago, Robwcormack said:

Do you notice a difference in sound when cylinders start cutting out?  Did you remove the flappers?  And you replaced the mesh "resonator" sections in the back? 

I honestly never notice when the cylinders cut off. And yes I removed both flaps. And both resonators in the back were removed.

Just installed the Flowmaster 817891 on my 6.2 AT4 couple hours ago.  Sounds definitely louder at idle, and accelerating.  When coasting it’s quiet, and under low accelerating you can keep it pretty tame.

F173F9BA-46E6-43DB-8EFE-B0F9558F67A3.thumb.png.ef13393f1797d7718a133c10c93416e6.png

Edited by boren3459

On 3/20/2019 at 5:09 PM, Blakewebber said:

Looking to put proformance muffler on my 2019 trail boss, it comes with the “dule” exhaust, any suggestions which one to go with to give it a little something that I feel like it’s lacking. Had dule magnaflow on 2008 gmc slt, that was great. Any thoughts would help 

You'll get "noise" with a different muffler but not performance.  Manufacturers stopped leaving HP/torque on the table well over a decade ago.  This is especially true in today's performance race amongst manufacturers.  The engineers at all manufacturers have this pretty well figured out via computer modeling, analysis and testing.  Most vehicles lose performance going to an aftermarket muffler.  Aftermarket buyers typically mistake more noise for more performance...

• Like 1

I don't know that I completely buy that. Most quality performance exhaust systems are more than noise. They remove restrictions in the exhaust system to gain power over stock. For example these trucks have two flapper valves in them that even when open still close off about 40% of the pipe. The aftermarket ones remove them. They also remove the resonators and three muffler probably has a higher flow rate...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I intstalled a flowmaster 3.5" single chamber race muffler on my 6.2 today in place of the stocker, keeping both valves in place. Zero drone, dead quiet when cruising on 4cyls. Noticeably louder at idle and under load. I'm pretty happy with it but think just deleting the muffler would sound better and still be plenty comfortable cruising. I cant say whether or not there is a power increase because i installed the gm intake kit and programmed it today also. Definetely a power increase there.