Anyone regret standard size bed vs short?

Jump on it! My first standard bed 1500 is on my 2018 CC Z71, it’s my first Standard Bed and absolutely LOVE IT! I’ve always complained of not ever having enough room in my truck bed when adding a tool box, made it difficult just loading bags of mulch, thought it must be that trucks were getting shorter due to larger cabs but WOW! It feels so much better, got much more room and no difference to drive. Again, jump on it, you’ll be thankful you did.

Sent from above

Only regret is it won’t fit in my garage. But I knew that going in. 

Buddy of mine has 5’8” short bed and it’s just too damn short. Most large, common things like mattress, dirt bike, etc just don’t fit unless tailgate is down. 

Edited by 2009GMC

39 minutes ago, mn camper guy said:

Wondering if anyone that bought a crew cab with standard bed ended up regretting not getting a short bed.

Found a good deal on a crew with standard bed and I am hung up on it. Want and have had only short beds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Go for it! They are rare in crew cab half ton trucks.

Only offered for 2014+ Model year. 

Only 10” longer than crew short bed. 

I almost bought a CC with 6" bed in 2017 before I bought the truck I have now. It was only about 5,000 more. I was coming out of a 2014 double cab LT with 6".

I've learned to live with the 5'8" bed. I really only use the bed for hauling tree limbs, bags of leaves, or stuff for work. Anything more substantial, an occasional trailer rental isn't a big deal. I test drove the crew cab with 6" bed, the longer wheelbase was more of a pain in the ass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I wish that I would’ve gotten a long bed for my CC. I unfortunately have the short bed but beggars can’t be choosers when you buy a truck in a state that is not a big seller of them. The only long beds I could find was in the extended cab.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!

• Like 1

My 18 CC Standard Bed is slightly longer than my 16 Yukon XL and after a bit you get very used to it especially when parking in your home garage. It’s much easier backing into a parking spot especially when lifted [emoji6]

Sent from above

My 18 CC Standard Bed is slightly longer than my 16 Yukon XL and after a bit you get very used to it especially when parking in your home garage. It’s much easier backing into a parking spot especially when lifted [emoji6]

Sent from above
I guess I should mention that I cut my teeth on a RCSB 1500 and followed it with 2 Tahoes. The longer wheelbase of my 14 Double Cab was quite an adjustment. I got used to it, but it was still a pain to park in tight spots. Wasn't looking to make it any worse! [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I specifically wanted a CC with standard bed and haven't looked back. I have the large Weather Guard tool box and still have room for hauling. 

• Like 1