Anyone regret standard size bed vs short?

Thanks for all the feedback. I do prefer the look of the short vs. STD. Luckily my garage is slightly oversized so it will fit into it.

Like others have pointed out, I too would only need the extra bed about 10% of the time.

It is a pretty good deal and not very many 6.2l available used with under 30k miles that aren't a Denali it seems.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

I specifically chose to NOT have the long bed.  Dealer had my exact truck in a long bed for a couple hundred more.  I did not buy it because

- Short beds are already damn long and stick out of parking spaces

- Long bed has a harder resale regardless of what is said in this thread

- Short bed looks better

7 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Just for the record guys GM has a short, standard and long bed.  OP is talking about the 6.5" standard bed not the 8' bed

Long beds keep getting mentioned and Ive never met anybody that had a long bed and didn't immediately regret their purchase.  That's a total of only two people lol!  Long beds are stupid and look even more stupid

My bad, I indeed meant standard bed but was also referring to crew cabs which I don’t believe are available in long bed for the 2019 Sierra Denali which is what I was shopping for and purchased. I do not think the 2019 standard bed looks funny on a crew cab at all, actually better because it is less square, longer than wide looking is better in my opinion. Data for the longer crew cabs with wider beds will not be available for some time on resale values regardless of what is stated in this thread, but point is those who need a truck for regular hauling and similar, non-recreational work purposes will prefer a longer bed in my opinion as there are no available statistics to quote yet. 

16 hours ago, mn camper guy said:

Wondering if anyone that bought a crew cab with standard bed ended up regretting not getting a short bed.

Found a good deal on a crew with standard bed and I am hung up on it. Want and have had only short beds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Love it except in tight parking lots......

I ordered a crewcab standard bed last week. Really tired of this

5e0f37d7ea2ea18f1d616a76c9a9bb5a.jpg

One of the main reasons why I wanted a new truck.

Not my truck but one i test drove a few weeks ago, similar to what I ordered except 20” wheels

a7766ea84bdc1c9e0a0d053c36888f47.jpg

df5a6b8299d992213663777b3c1f1629.jpg

Ryan B.

• Like 4

My 2012 Ford F150 had the short bed and I regretted it, it was only 5.5'. Too short for me, I still could not sleep diagonally.

I made sure my 2016 had the long bed and I loved it, I could sleep in the back while camping.

The new truck is 5.8' and quite a bit wider so I actually could sleep in the back diagonally, it's perfect. No need for long bed.

I'm 5' 10"

No regrets! I didn’t realize how rare the Standard bed was until I started looking.

Even fits in the garage by 3 inches thankfully. 

On the the down side it can be a PITA to park in tight parking lots or crowded lots. 

Edited by Crazypontiac03
  • Like 1

I’m extremely happy that I didn’t go with the short bed.  I’ve hauled a lot of stuff having the 6.6 bed over the years.  While I now have a trailer to full fill most of those needs, I still don’t regret the longer truck.  It’s really nice for camping trips and I have two dogs that ride back the as well.  I’m actually thinking a 2500 crew cab with 8’ bed is in my future.

I try to steer clear of crowded parking lots and I DD my Camaro.  Wife’s Jeep is our grocery getter.

• Like 1

We have a 2500 Silverado CC/long-bed at work.  I seem to be the only one willing to drive it, on my shift. 

A few of the guys, at work, have long bed CC trucks, and are ALWAYS double parked, so they don't stick halfway out into the drive lane.  Which is why I didn't go with a CC/long bed, like I wanted to, when I replace my '15, after the collision. 

I back into every parking space that I park in, with my '18 CC/Short, and she still sticks out about 2' into the drive lane.  It's especially bad with the idiot in the spot, on the other side of the aisle, is parked into the only open spot.  I back up to where my back bumper is almost touching their front bumper.  :cool: 

Growing up, I always wanted a lifted long bed, with a shell, mattress, plus a few home comforts, and was going to get personalized tags on it, "HIRSAPT." 

• Like 1

Well, one thing is for certain and being they’re so rare and believe me when I say that a 6.2 CC Standard Bed will be highly thought after. I’m definitely going to be looking to get much more at trade in...but hopefully not anytime soon.

Sent from above

I ordered a crewcab standard bed last week. Really tired of this

5e0f37d7ea2ea18f1d616a76c9a9bb5a.jpg

One of the main reasons why I wanted a new truck.

Not my truck but one i test drove a few weeks ago, similar to what I ordered except 20” wheels

a7766ea84bdc1c9e0a0d053c36888f47.jpg

df5a6b8299d992213663777b3c1f1629.jpg

Ryan B.

Now that’s a functional truck!

Sent from above

I love the way mine looks and the fact that there are not many around. Negatives are: Very tight fit in my garage. Most parking spaces are not long enough to accommodate the longer length.

Leveled1.thumb.jpg.ab626b3be2f405294c6cc135c4224d40.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Truck @Sean3565 and I like that look. My garage is plenty big enough, but standard bed and overall truck length is only 9.5” longer than short bed anyway. My 2019 short bed in photo right before I drove it off dealers lot a few days ago. 

8E1383DD-631B-49FC-9551-5F4C8023E355.png

• Like 1