Anyone regret standard size bed vs short?

9 hours ago, mn camper guy said:

Well I bought it. 2017 STD box with 6.2l. Big step up coming from '10 Silverado CCSB LT

Fits in the garage just fine.
71318b23a0544367b25783003f6d2e11.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Well parking is certainly not a problem, especially with all the parking assist camera sensors and whatever today. My 2019 Sierra Denali short bed fits in my garage with 3 feet to spare. I shoulda got the standard bed I guess, why go short when you can add 9.5 inches with over 2 feet of room still left? That’s just wasting garage space that I paid good money for too. Longer is definitely better, TWSS 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I bought mine, because it was one of the few standard bed crew cabs around. I could not deal with a short bed. It sucks because the truck takes up almost all the garage, but being able to carry more, and easier is nice. From building materials, gravel, or even my side by side in the back. Plus with my topper I can sleep easily in it without having to go diagonal. If GM didn't release a 6.5" bed on the 2014+ I would of bought a ram haha. Dont have any pics of the  RZR in the bed, but this is close lol 

C7WwWI6TSvsnUvh0Fr7SrvHtoiZ4QmCUTq5B_b3RL1V7giLKw9EyY0gssEs8PBVqtWWzI5xxI0t5ej2NIJh7obYmr_51QAPzsEw3ZQSfQbEPm-XazCJUtJVe7k_LAHVP-7fFjC-nORhhLVvBk27BOx4EjnLcwwbxJWldONm4RSRU0Io-o1Be4sCKixWgCtIVsXfVJAOk_LQMIfjV4bLG2HvND5yt3EHmdbf5u6GTKP3M-1UkTVc-V0W3MCBc0eGswppiai-roiD2iqs4893nk3wHMf9RF028LAIhW58cu2PhwL5dJ0kHGRkK3jBmtMijRetpBY-lKTKetg33gEFZFHmHDhqlrs97gFyXfAvMBTKt7VPNyYk5nlSGiG8EHCRqKbNKIlyhMJ0xmqt6xgu4fagvD3ak2CkS2-jOCUdreQlfC-echjP_VAHwzZvkwwHf26FcAwueagFsBJ1ETm9G9vZyPOeabXQUUQ5em6M8bzDIxo3Z7S5x8q9UupUPe7rvwfB-2f9SfmnAvQGcXPBzsi4qLDfufnWFLkuDgLBxYAM3usPQcYUm2556TbSxgZMM1wvyw4rbeCfC0nwifsJjmGu8Bk1sQ4DgsUUZiybKE0iWwHMnxA3EaZ8TCT-M2uoMHKDXxDNcfRPGFeWfrLc9kFnxH8drPBE=w1387-h780-no

On 3/24/2019 at 5:31 PM, j-ten-ner said:

I think that the trucks with short beds defeat the whole purpose.

Unless you're really hauling mulch or similar on a somewhat regular basis, you're almost better of with a Suburban or Yukon.

The only advance of a truck versus a large SUV is that you can stack the load higher. For long items it makes more sense to have a SUV. They would even be more secure.

You guessed it right, I vote for the standard bed.

so long

j-ten-ner

I think that for me a Tahoe would be pretty nice but, too rich for my blood plus I haul some dirty stuff sometimes and it's nice to have the bed to get dirty and keep the interior clean...  I'd love to have an 8' bed single cab sometimes...

On 21/03/2019 at 9:22 AM, Jacoby said:

Just for the record guys GM has a short, standard and long bed.  OP is talking about the 6.5" standard bed not the 8' bed

Long beds keep getting mentioned and Ive never met anybody that had a long bed and didn't immediately regret their purchase.  That's a total of only two people lol!  Long beds are stupid and look even more stupid

My grandfather only had long beds on the farm. Parking isn't an issue in small towns and you sometimes need that bed space for bringing new combine parts home or hauling garbage (or grain, once).

I'd prefer a CC short bed for a daily in the city where parking is an issue, though. I'll borrow my father in law's extended cab standard box if I need more space.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, Jacoby said:

Just for the record guys GM has a short, standard and long bed.  OP is talking about the 6.5" standard bed not the 8' bed

Long beds keep getting mentioned and Ive never met anybody that had a long bed and didn't immediately regret their purchase.  That's a total of only two people lol!  Long beds are stupid and look even more stupid

I don't think my truck from 12 years ago looked stupid 

2007  1/2 ton LTZ Extended cab Longbed.. 2 inch level  2 inch block in the rear 275 70 18 Michelins

The 8 foot bed was handy for hauling lumber and tools to the jobsite

But I do like my Crew Cab 6.5' bed that I have now because I don't haul much lumber to the job anymore just tools.

I woul never own a 5.5 ' bed though it's too small for me

i77209.jpg

i77207.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1