1992 GMC Sonoma steering wheel loose

Hi there. I'm new to this forum but I recently picked up a '92 Sonoma which has an issue with the steering wheel/column. With the truck off and not moving the steering wheel can move up and down with the column staying still. I can send a video tomorrow but every time I search for a solution all that comes up is steering wheel play while driving, which is an issue I have but this is a separate problem. 

also if anyone has a good source for parts like a wiper motor, wiper arms, and a front grille/bumper LMK

here's a couple pics of the truck just for the hell of it:

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.49.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.50.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.50.31 PM.png

Edited by Freggles

LMCtruck.com for parts source. I can't find a column breakdown right now, but if it's like the problem I had a on a fullsize late 80's truck, there are 4 screws in the upper column that can loosen over time. It wasn't the tilt joint, it was above that. Had to remove wheel, blinker assembly, horn, etc... to gain access. See if you can find a complete column breakdown that might show these screws for sure. I'll look a bit more. I can find them for older models but not anything around 92

Looks like what I described could be the problem. Mine never was that loose though. :)  Once you pull the wheel you should know more. Probably have some more to remove to get where you need to be to fix the issue