IIHS front tests are out

Not that I’d ever be interested in that poop bucket. I heard they’re discontinuing the Ridgeline due to horrible sales.

Sent from above
That's not surprising at all. I know people who bought them loved them but they were just to minivany for my taste.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am literally hours away from buying a 2019 and now I see my wife might loose her legs in a crash? I know it's one test but GM knew the protocol going into a major redesign and could not get a good rating like the 5 year old Ford design? I don't know if I could ever forgive myself if my wife or daughters got hurt in the front seat. I know the 19 is safer than the k2 I am in now but I might have to take a big step back before making this purchase. I kind of wish I had never seen this. I honestly just assumed on a brand new redesign that Chevy would ace this test like Ford...........

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Trucks are trucks, every year they’ll be placing the bar up higher and higher. I’ve seen lots of accidents through my life time and you’ll be taking a chance in anything you drive, fact is, some of the safest cars on the road will unfortunately still have fatalities, it’s a mixture of stupidity/elements and other drivers. Go get yourself a new truck, enjoy it!

Sent from above

This reminds me of the aluminum F-150 back when they first came out. They weren't putting crash bars on all of the trucks, and the trucks without crash bars scored much worse than the ones with them, and eventually, Ford started putting them on every F-150. Maybe GM has some sort of reinforcement on the driver's side they don't have on the passenger's side? GM better get on it, as this is very disappointing to see a new truck fall short in one area like this. 

4 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

This reminds me of the aluminum F-150 back when they first came out. They weren't putting crash bars on all of the trucks, and the trucks without crash bars scored much worse than the ones with them, and eventually, Ford started putting them on every F-150. Maybe GM has some sort of reinforcement on the driver's side they don't have on the passenger's side? GM better get on it, as this is very disappointing to see a new truck fall short in one area like this. 

Crash bars, yes, not the floor panel. I knew it was something very simple and it surprised me at how badly the first F-150 Supercab performed compared to the bigger Supercrew. For 2015, all the Supercrew had the crash bars but Supercab didn't. Don't know why Ford didn't even think of that.. once Ford put it in all 2016 F-150's, Supercabs and Supercrews performed identically. That's why I tell people not to buy the 2015, especially the Supercab.

Edited by Wiggums

On 3/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, JR09country said:

Bouncing rear ends in this thread to, I am having bouncing rear end nightmares. Go buy a Ridgeline and get no bouncing rear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The drum banging has gotten crazy old. There’s a guy on the Colorado forum I am on who does the same damn thing about the fuel economy of his truck. 

There’s one in every crowd...

• Like 1