New Infotainment update v803.1

You can see the Infotainment Ver number ie L206 or V507 or V509 or V803 [Latest update] but the Onstar Ver number eludes me. I just know it is Ver 6.63 per the screen shots the users have left.

I bought my first Silverado a week ago from today. They did the software update before I drove it off the lot. I have no frame of reference as to how it was before the update. Here is what I noticed:

Since I have had the vehicle for a week, the whole infotainment system has frozen twice. Frozen meaning the touchscreen loses responsiveness. I can use the physical buttons to do a couple of things but it won’t let me control the whole system. It only seems to happen when I have Apple CarPlay hooked up, but doesn’t do it consistently. There is no way to fix it while driving. The vehicle has to be completely shut off for it to reset. It’s not a huge deal, but a little annoying after purchasing a $46,000 truck. Anybody else have this issue?

"I know I can do it," Todd Downey said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl.

I've had the screen in the front cluster freeze up with two pages showing at the same time once. When I leave the second screen at trip 1, and then go back to screen one, it seems to occasionally go back to engine hours when going back to screen two. It forgets I want trip 1 to show. I've also had Android auto stop showing the bottom menu buttons once. After 500miles, just a few weird buggy things. I wonder if logs get back to GM for the developers to review like phone/app feedback.

My loaner says the same thing and I think it is for the 7" Infotainment IOR unit while the 8" Infotainment IOS / IOT units have the other versions L206, V507, V509 and V803.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:13 PM, squireofgothos88 said:

I bought my first Silverado a week ago from today. They did the software update before I drove it off the lot. I have no frame of reference as to how it was before the update. Here is what I noticed:

Since I have had the vehicle for a week, the whole infotainment system has frozen twice. Frozen meaning the touchscreen loses responsiveness. I can use the physical buttons to do a couple of things but it won’t let me control the whole system. It only seems to happen when I have Apple CarPlay hooked up, but doesn’t do it consistently. There is no way to fix it while driving. The vehicle has to be completely shut off for it to reset. It’s not a huge deal, but a little annoying after purchasing a $46,000 truck. Anybody else have this issue?

"I know I can do it," Todd Downey said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl.

I had that happen too and read somewhere on here that if you’re using Carplay, don’t also connect your phone to the infotainment system via bluetooth. I set my iphone to forget the truck’s bluetooth and haven’t had a freeze up since.  I don’t know if that’s the definitive reason but so far so good.