Jump to content

Tx_operator87

Make tow mirror parking lights blink with turn signal

Recommended Posts

It's probably been discussed but I'm having a hard time finding it. I want to make the amber parking lights in the side mirrors blink with the turn signal. I thought they did until going to work this morning and seeing a reflection while in the turn lane. I saw there's a wiring kit you can buy but there's gotta be an easier way. Are there pins in the bcm for the turn signals and the mirror lights? Is there a way to jump the pins using a diode? Really don't want to pull the mirrors off and splice any wires

 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you ever figure it out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea,@pgamboa makes a plug and play harness that makes them flash with the turn signals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have tow mirrors that are functioning to OEM Factory Specs, I now have a PnP Adapter that converts your running light into a dual function running light/turn signal.

This does have the prerequisite that your tow mirrors have fully functioning running lights, cargo lights and turn signals. If you previously purchased a conversion harness, this should work for you.

Adapter set is $125 shipped anywhere in the US.

They simply plug in between your mirror plug and the door harness plug.

0b8366efa4d4a319cb9f1d54bae61b89.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pgamboa said:

If you have tow mirrors that are functioning to OEM Factory Specs, I now have a PnP Adapter that converts your running light into a dual function running light/turn signal.

This does have the prerequisite that your tow mirrors have fully functioning running lights, cargo lights and turn signals. If you previously purchased a conversion harness, this should work for you.

Adapter set is $125 shipped anywhere in the US.

They simply plug in between your mirror plug and the door harness plug.

0b8366efa4d4a319cb9f1d54bae61b89.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2017 SLE 2500hd has the amber lights in the tow mirrors, everything works perfect, this adapter will have the running lights in the front part of the mirrors flash with the turn signals?  Way cool, this harness is in the open door hinge are? Very interested. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My 2017 SLE 2500hd has the amber lights in the tow mirrors, everything works perfect, this adapter will have the running lights in the front part of the mirrors flash with the turn signals?  Way cool, this harness is in the open door hinge are? Very interested. 

Yes sir. If your mirrors are functioning like factory (no non-OEM modifications), it’s simply PnP. It plugs in between the mirror plug itself and the door harness plug. This will require to remove the door panel to access the mirror harness connector.

 

PM me to order. If you can send me an email as we’ll my email is [email protected] A pic of your glove box RPO codes and pic of the mirrors would be great.

 

Thanks!

 

Phil

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is so cool, thanks Phil! You’ll be hearing from me soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gearheadesw said:

That is so cool, thanks Phil! You’ll be hearing from me soon. 

Sounds good.  I included my email in the comment (just edited it).  Look forward to hearing from ya!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You make these? How on earth did you figure that stuff out..... SWEET, I’ve been looking for exactly this. Truly stupendous, thank you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is this harness located? Does the door panel have to come off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Icutmetl said:

Where is this harness located? Does the door panel have to come off? 

Yes.  Door panel comes off.  My harness adapter goes in between the mirror plug and the door harness plug.  Basically, unplug the mirror from from the door harness and plug mine in between.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.