In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2015 Sierra All Terrain:

A couple months ago, my nav started going haywire. Shows me driving through anything and everything, my screen on my dash in the lower left corner shows CAL. When I took my truck in for a different recall issue, I had them address this issue. They told me that it was my shark fin antenna, that there has been moisture that has gotten underneath it. I would need to replace the antenna and it would fix my calibration issue. But they want to charge $430 for parts and labor..no thanks. Has anyone else experienced this? Have you replaced it on your own? Is it difficult? What's the steps? Thanks in advance. 

27 minutes ago, 816SierraAT said:

2015 Sierra All Terrain:

A couple months ago, my nav started going haywire. Shows me driving through anything and everything, my screen on my dash in the lower left corner shows CAL. When I took my truck in for a different recall issue, I had them address this issue. They told me that it was my shark fin antenna, that there has been moisture that has gotten underneath it. I would need to replace the antenna and it would fix my calibration issue. But they want to charge $430 for parts and labor..no thanks. Has anyone else experienced this? Have you replaced it on your own? Is it difficult? What's the steps? Thanks in advance. 

$430 seems cheap from what I remember - I believe mine was $600+ to have replaced.  Worst part is, I didn't use or have navigation - that stupid thing leaked!

46 minutes ago, 816SierraAT said:

2015 Sierra All Terrain:

I'd pay as long as they give you a no leak guarantee.  My '15 leaked during warranty and was repaired.  It leaked again after warranty and was replaced for no charge.   

Couple threads for you to read though. Yes you can do it yourself. Yes you could have a local body shop do it for less. If I was replacing mine I would do the extra thin bead of rvt/silicone around the foam. Make sure if you buy a new antenna you get the right one there’s a one wire and a two wire if your truck has wifi. Also this would be the time to get a color matched one if you want one if it’s available for your color of truck.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chris N
      Hello!

I have a Sierra Denali 2019 6.2L - I apologize for not knowing much as I got the truck from my brother and never owned a truck before in my life!

I would like to install two antennas on the rear stake pockets and bring the coaxial cables into the cabin. cables are 1/4 inch each. There is a also a small control cable for the tarheel antenna. I don't plan to connect the radios to the Car Batteries as I have separate batteries for radio use.

I would like to know if there are some sort of documentation or drawings that shows where I can check for the cable entry points to the cabin from the rear to bring these cables into the cabin and the precautions I need to do and best practices to seal the entry points to prevent dust and stuff.

any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks...

• By qc71
      Hi, I like to install two antennas in my 2019 Silverado Crew Cab I'm looking at no-drill mounts was looking at the  
      Valley Enterprises Fender Mount Antenna Bracket 3/4 Inch NMO for Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2019-2021  but wanted to ask if anyone found a coax cable route that does not require any drilling thru the firewall? any help would be Appreciated
    • By Sam Witwicky
      Hi, I'am looking for any and all information for upgrading the current factory non-navigation head unit to a factory navigation unit in a 2013 Suburban. The plugs don't match up so I would need to make my own plug & play harness or purchase one. I already have the navigation head unit and have a Snap On scanner to program it once installed. Infotainment via Ebay sells the complete set with head unit and all with a plug & play harness to accomplish this but they are unwilling to sell just the harness. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-STOCK-OEM-CHEVROLET-GPS-NAVIGATION-RADIO-UPGRADE-CD-HDD-DVD-PLAYER-BOSE/131306773280 
      https://www.infotainment.com/products/gm-premium-factory-gps-navigation-radio-upgrade?variant=324252773
      If I have to make one I will but I would need the wiring diagram from a non-navigation Bose system and a diagram from a navigation unit with Bose as well. Has anyone got experience with this and if so, can you help me out? I'am not looking for aftermarket install. Thank you very much. 
    • By ildarcheg
      Hi guys,

Recently got GMC Yukon Denali 2017 and was thinking of updating Navigation (mostly to get latest Speed limits). I started to google it and mostly got suspicious websites that are offering some kind of DVD disk for $150. Do I have to by this disk in order to update my navigations?

Thanks!