Posted (edited)

Well my old GMC Sierra is getting quite a bit too rusty, on the outside and more critically the frame.  So I found an 04 4wd Trailblazer to replace it.  I ironically picked up the GMC to drive so I wouldn't have to drive my 07 Trailblazer SS in bad weather.  Now I have a Trailblazer to drive to work on bad days.  I work across from a grain elevator and the dust and crap blows over and coats cars, gets in hvac duct work... Also, I have a 13 year old that this may make him a good first car kinda.  No rust and like new on inside except radio dials have some wear.  However, the timing chain is a bit stretched and has an actuator going bad.  I got it for $450.  It still drives good, has a rough idle once in a while.  I've never seen a timing chain break on one of these so I'm gonna just drive it like it is.

Edited by SILVER SLED

Dang, Good buy.

Great deal. I have 08 Trailblazer SS. It’s my fun truck. 881e11b9b2af15ff7d3ba750f2d39a87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2019 at 12:30 AM, mikedeezxxx said:

Great deal. I have 08 Trailblazer SS. It’s my fun truck. 881e11b9b2af15ff7d3ba750f2d39a87.jpg

Nice TBSS. I had an 07 TBSS.  Bought it new.  Had it for over 7 years.  It was one of my favorite vehicles.  It ran a 13.08 on a perfect day with back seats out with an intake and tune, stock fans.   Unfortunately that was getting relatively slow now a days.   I couldn’t afford to mod it and buy a decent daily driver so I sold it.  I now have a 6.2 truck and I think it isn’t too far behind the old TBSS.  And I don’t remember these things being so small.  Lol.  It’s funny what you get used too.  

Are you on TBSSOwners.com?   I am SLOWHITE on there.   It’s been a while since I’ve been on there.  

Edited by SILVER SLED

Nice TBSS. I had an 07 TBSS.  Bought it new.  Had it for over 7 years.  It was one of my favorite vehicles.  It ran a 13.08 on a perfect day with back seats out with an intake and tune, stock fans.   Unfortunately that was getting relatively slow now a days.   I couldn’t afford to mod it and buy a decent daily driver so I sold it.  I now have a 6.2 truck and I think it isn’t too far behind the old TBSS.  And I don’t remember these things being so small.  Lol.  It’s funny what you get used too.  

Are you on TBSSOwners.com?   I am SLOWHITE on there.   It’s been a while since I’ve been on there.  

Yes I’m on tbssowners.com. MIKEDEEZ. I learned a lot over there. Just had a TVS1900 super charger installed. Love it. I think I have almost every mod you can do these trucks. Have never brought it to the track to see what my numbers are. It’s pretty fast. My daily driver is a 2016 Silverado Z71 with 6” Pro Comp lift and King suspension all around. 5134bfd519979e6e4949b8e7f51c6ac5.jpg

1 hour ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Yes I’m on tbssowners.com. MIKEDEEZ. I learned a lot over there. Just had a TVS1900 super charger installed. Love it. I think I have almost every mod you can do these trucks. Have never brought it to the track to see what my numbers are. It’s pretty fast. My daily driver is a 2016 Silverado Z71 with 6” Pro Comp lift and King suspension all around. 5134bfd519979e6e4949b8e7f51c6ac5.jpg

I remember now you getting that truck and  posting it on  TBSSowners.  Nice truck also.