Climate Control Off Msg

I got in the truck tonight after autostarting it from the phone app. I got in the truck and hit the start button like normal.  When I adjusted the fan speed the infotainment screen displayed "Climate Control Off" at the bottom where it usually gives a quick view of the climate settings.    So, I clicked on the message and it displayed an on/off button on the screen.  If I pressed that it turned the actual climate controls on or off but still displayed nothing for climate controls.  If I hit the quick access icon at the bottom of the screen (red button) for climate control the  same message displays again.  No climate control screen at all.    

I looked around the infotainment menu to see if I somehow turned it off but didn't see anything.

Am I missing something or is this a glitch? 

Edited by Limelight
  • Like 1

Had the same thing happen to me about a week ago. 

Infotainment screen said climate was off even though it was on.  I could change fan speed, temp, etc, using the manual controls. 

Next time I got in the truck it was working again and hasn't done it since. 

I figured it was a bug that worked itself out. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Normal occurrence on mine. I notice when it happens I get a Sirius xm message. Not sure what relationship there may be. I do know I have all the updates and it takes along time for it to boot up. Seems like if I wait a minute or so before I put it in gear, things work better. Maybe not, but seems somehow related. 

• Thanks 1

Mine did this today after getting in and starting it. Yesterday one of my profiles disappeared along with a few software apps. I think GM is doing some configuration changes. My Message App for that profile was gone also. So today I was configuring the profile and after starting the truck to get access to the other Settings, the Climate control was working.

I missed your thread about this, I just posted a thread for the same issue. I’ve seen it 4-5 times now and it’s annoying.

No fix that I’ve found. Haven’t taken it in yet, just got my truck back for some recalls and other issues and not ready to give it back to them. I just wanna drive my truck

Just bought 2019 1500 GMC Denali 4WD and the Climate App AC controls works On & Off.  Very annoying. 2X this week so far.

Hope they find a FIX!?

20190419_120226.jpg

20190417_173130.jpg

Edited by Mayor

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 6:30 PM, Chevy sad said:

Hey if you wanted everything to work you should have got a Ford. But, you chose the new girl and she has a few warts. 

But for a new girl, she sure is a smooth ride