Climate Control Off Msg

I guess one it’s a nuisance nothing more, happens all the time, never had a message on any of my other vehicles and somehow I managed to get by. It was announced weeks ago there is a huge update over 200 fixes in test right now, you can go to the dealer, he will tell you to wait.

I guess one it’s a nuisance nothing more, happens all the time, never had a message on any of my other vehicles and somehow I managed to get by. It was announced weeks ago there is a huge update over 200 fixes in test right now, you can go to the dealer, he will tell you to wait.

I sure hope so and that it comes quick!

I have it happen multiple times daily. I have taken it to dealer 3 times..each time the response is known error ..no fix yet. I also opened a repair complaint with Chevy Cust Service. THey said it is not correctable at this time. 

Ive had the following:

1) Climate Control Off msg

2) Blower speed indicator gone, just the scale line, but not indicator where the fan speed is.

3) The temp readings on the screen read 0 and didn't change when temp was adjusted.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:54 PM, Mountain boy said:

This is a known issue get over it, they’re is no fix yet it’s not the end of the damn world

Get over it????

I pay 50,000.00 for a truck and I expect it to work. EVERYTHING to WORK. So, NO. I doubt many of us affected by this issue will simply "get over it" until it is fixed and works as intended.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Andy Chabot said:

Get over it????

I pay 50,000.00 for a truck and I expect it to work. EVERYTHING to WORK. So, NO. I doubt many of us affected by this issue will simply "get over it" until it is fixed and works as intended.

In other words, he just saying be patient, they are working on it. It's all good. 

Edited by UGADawgs
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, Andy Chabot said:

Get over it????

Exactly!!

Ok, just got my truck serviced today due to this issue along with the service steering column lock.  They claim that service bulletin PIT5651B fixed the issue.  They reprogrammed my computer and claim this should resolve the issue. 

• Like 1

I am experiencing same issues all the time for the last couple months, pretty much used to it.  Just got back from dealer and asked them about it.  He told me no customer has told them anything which is BS, that's why i decided to get on here for answers. 

They will look at it tomorrow and if they figure it out, I will post an update.  

Ok, just got my truck serviced today due to this issue along with the service steering column lock.  They claim that service bulletin PIT5651B fixed the issue.  They reprogrammed my computer and claim this should resolve the issue. 

How has it been so far for you? I wish I saw your post earlier, I just had my truck in there yesterday (the 30th) for an oil change, I would’ve had them look at that bulletin.

Oh, looks like the bulletin is only for the steering column lock :( not the climate control errors.

5 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

How has it been so far for you? I wish I saw your post earlier, I just had my truck in there yesterday (the 30th) for an oil change, I would’ve had them look at that bulletin.

Oh, looks like the bulletin is only for the steering column lock :( not the climate control errors.

He claimed it addressed the climate control error too. Only time will tell. I've only had the climate control error once I believe. 

• Like 1