Does anyone know of any tuning news? I’m on a waiting list with blackbear. Diablew claims it won’t be supported or at least isn’t yet. AFE allegedly has tuning through their scorcher device next month. Edge had no response to my inquiry. Bully dog has not responded either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing.

The new ZR1 and Silverado have nothing yet and if they do, it's not going to be cheap at all because of how complex they have made it. HP Tuners has had a thread or two but it's nothing new.

Nothing.

The new ZR1 and Silverado have nothing yet and if they do, it's not going to be cheap at all because of how complex they have made it. HP Tuners has had a thread or two but it's nothing new.

That’s what I was afraid to hear. I traded my 2015 LML Duramax for my RST and was hoping the L5P ECM issues wouldn’t pop up for the gassers.

I’m sure blackbear and efi live are on it.

Unless Blackbear is the person reverse engineering the computer himself, he's playing the waiting game.

I'm sure EFI Live, HP Tuners and everyone else are slowly testing work arounds but I wouldn't get your hopes up for something working soon.

1 minute ago, CamGTP said:

Unless Blackbear is the person reverse engineering the computer himself, he's playing the waiting game.

I'm sure EFI Live, HP Tuners and everyone else are slowly testing work arounds but I wouldn't get your hopes up for something working soon.

I’ll wait it out. I got all the street racing out of my system with my duramax. I’m just enjoying the smooth ride of a half ton for now. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, yankeedoodle86 said:

So HP tuners just announced they cracked the corvette ECM. Bad news is it’s a 10 credit unlock and on these trucks there’s no way it’s worth it.

Maybe you missed the part that is also costs $2000 just for the computer, plus the 10 credits, plus more credits for the TCM and FPCM.

I wouldn't say it's a crack, it's a whole new computer just like the diesel L5P trucks.

Actually I’m well aware of how the process works. I just got rid of my duramax.

Aside from the ECM it’s a 10 credit unlock. I don’t think I had any false information in my post. You can send yours to them and only pay for the credits if you would rather do it that way. My whole point was that at a 10 credit price the gains compared to the investment are nil.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

** Just talked to Diablew (Lewis Eaton) and he says he can tune the 5.3L AFM with 6 speed auto -  no go on the 5.3L DFM with 8 speed auto. Not now and possibly not ever. 

Edited by Roddy8
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got a response from AFE about their SCORCHER PRO for the new 2019 GM trucks.

Hi XXXXXX, the programmer was expected to release 06/28/19 for some reason it is currently not out yet. We expect the programmer to be this upcoming Friday which would be 07/12/19. The programmer allows tire change, speed limit, it will have customized tunes as well such a Econ mode, Towing mode. As far for a package being sold we are currently not sure but usually we do have an intake and a programmer bundle.

Just got a response from AFE about their SCORCHER PRO for the new 2019 GM trucks.
Hi XXXXXX, the programmer was expected to release 06/28/19 for some reason it is currently not out yet. We expect the programmer to be this upcoming Friday which would be 07/12/19. The programmer allows tire change, speed limit, it will have customized tunes as well such a Econ mode, Towing mode. As far for a package being sold we are currently not sure but usually we do have an intake and a programmer bundle.

I spoke to them as well. It’s not going to work on the new gen trucks. Only the legacy.

1 minute ago, yankeedoodle86 said:

I spoke to them as well. It’s not going to work on the new gen trucks. Only the legacy.

Well isn't that a B17ch!!! I was specific in my email also about it being for the New Gen 2019 and even used the specific assigned part number that the have advertised for both the 2019 Silverado and Sierra. Don't understand why GM doesn't leave it up to us to void our own damn warranty......

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, yankeedoodle86 said:

So I just emailed them back to clear everything up and this is the email traffic I got:

Oscar Uriostegui

10:41 AM (13 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

it will be for the new gen trucks.

Monday, July 8, 2019 10:33:27 AM PDT, Josue Gomez <[email protected]>:
Hi Oscar, 
Than you for the quick response! And this will be for the new Gen GM Trucks correct? Or will it be for the 2019 legacy truck?

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 7:49 AM Oscar Uriostegui < [email protected]> wrote:
Hi Josue, the programmer was expected to release 06/28/19 for some reason it is currently not out yet. We expect the programmer to be this upcoming Friday which would be 07/12/19. The programmer allows tire change, speed limit, it will have customized tunes as well such a Econ mode, Towing mode. As far for a package being sold we are currently not sure but usually we do have an intake and a programmer bundle.