Anybody ever have this Issue?

Today I went out to start my truck and nothing (no starter ticking, no dash lights, no radio screen boot up screen, no running boards extending).... Pulled the battery thinking it was dead and went to O'Reilly's to test it. Nothing wrong with it... Reinstalled battery and still nothing......It started fine the day before...????

Door locks work, dome light works, chime when putting in keys even worked...but not a lot else. Noticed headlights and blinker lights when setting doors to lock blinked strange on front as well but normal in rear tailights.

Potentially something wrong with the BCM?

Just looking for feedback not complaining.... yet... Owned it for 2 years and 350 days and have 59600 miles. We will see if it fits into any remaining warranty but not planning on it. Had it towed over to dealer so the fun will begin tomorrow. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You know when they get it, its gonna start right up and they are gonna say that they cant duplicate it. Then charge you an hour labor.  This is one of those things where you hope they ACTUALLY find out whats wrong.

Maybe one of the fuses on top of the battery popped. 

• Like 2

You know when they get it, its gonna start right up and they are gonna say that they cant duplicate it. Then charge you an hour labor.  This is one of those things where you hope they ACTUALLY find out whats wrong.

Maybe one of the fuses on top of the battery popped. 
I hope so... I opened that up but did not find anything that was popped... Still scratching my head on this one... Checked fuse boxes as well and found nothing popped. Thanks and I hope you are right.

Good luck. I hope its cheap. Maybe the powertrain warranty will cover it.  It has the 100k on it right? Mine just expired 2 weeks ago and 90k. Just had leaking oil cooler and trans cooler lines replaced.

29 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Good luck. I hope its cheap. Maybe the powertrain warranty will cover it.  It has the 100k on it right? Mine just expired 2 weeks ago and 90k. Just had leaking oil cooler and trans cooler lines replaced.

55 minutes ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

Today I went out to start my truck and nothing (no starter ticking, no dash lights, no radio screen boot up screen, no running boards extending).... Pulled the battery thinking it was dead and went to O'Reilly's to test it. Nothing wrong with it... Reinstalled battery and still nothing......It started fine the day before...????

Door locks work, dome light works, chime when putting in keys even worked...but not a lot else. Noticed headlights and blinker lights when setting doors to lock blinked strange on front as well but normal in rear tailights.

Potentially something wrong with the BCM?

Just looking for feedback not complaining.... yet... Owned it for 2 years and 350 days and have 59600 miles. We will see if it fits into any remaining warranty but not planning on it. Had it towed over to dealer so the fun will begin tomorrow. Thanks.

Was in Florida on vacation a few weeks ago.    My 25000 mile 2016 Sierra was dead the morning I was to head home.  No lights or anything.  Got a jump, went and had battery checked...was ok with a reading of 13.6.  7 hour drive home with stops.  Everything was fine. I now have a battery powered jumper...just in case.  We pull a TT from time to time so it makes sense to have the jumper. I’ll see what she does and check in with dealer service if it happens again.

Edited by martinto
Add info

1 minute ago, martinto said:

Was in Florida on vacation a few weeks ago.    My 25000 mile 2016 Sierra was dead the morning I was to head home.  No lights or anything.  Got a jump, went and had battery checked...was ok with a reading of 13.6.  7 hour drive home with stops.  Everything was fine. I now have a battery powered jumper...just in case.  We pull a TT from time to time so it makes sense to have the jumper. I’ll see what she does and check in with dealer service if it happens again.

Forgot to add...when I got the jump...Display came on with a digital wheel turning and the term “CAL”, which I took to mean calibrating.  A msg popped up and said to lower the window and close window.  I did and the wheel and CAL disappeared.  I assumed it meant the calibration was complete.

• Like 1

I wish I had even gotten that message or any message.... Nothing shows on DIC or radio when I turn the key to start... Battery is reading fine...Since mine is a 2016 I only have the 3 yr 60k warranty but I am just inside both by two weeks and 400 miles. We will see if it is covered. If it is anything like my fuel injectors being replaced or my recent replacement of mageride shock system I don't I will get much warranty. Next vehicle will get extended warranty with all the electronics. Lessons learned.

Hopefully your dealer will find a simple fix covered under warranty.  At least they will have record of it should you need to make a claim for the same issue when your warranty has expired.  You may still be eligible to purchase extended warranty if you wish.  I'm not a fan of them but a salesman once told me that you can delay purchase but buy before your current b to b expires.  I may have misunderstood but worth asking!

• Like 1

Interesting on the battery cables mention that is what the service manager said they were going to verify today. As they have had several come in for that issue. I called after he left and they said it moved from the engine group to internal electrical group on the notes. Of course they put me in a 2019 GMC Denali 6.2 to drive while figuring it out... Then the salesperson comes out and is saying I can trade my 16 in for a 19 Denali Ultimate 6.2 and spend $26k out the door... Hmmmmm! Choices...

I had just gotten everything where I wanted it on the 16, paid off, etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

Interesting on the battery cables mention that is what the service manager said they were going to verify today. As they have had several come in for that issue. I called after he left and they said it moved from the engine group to internal electrical group on the notes. Of course they put me in a 2019 GMC Denali 6.2 to drive while figuring it out... Then the salesperson comes out and is saying I can trade my 16 in for a 19 Denali Ultimate 6.2 and spend $26k out the door... Hmmmmm! Choices...

I had just gotten everything where I wanted it on the 16, paid off, etc...

Makes me wonder if it's something that would just be easier for them to sale you a new truck.

Got a "We Want To Buy Your '16 CR-V for $XX,XXX" card in the mail a week ago.  Check KBB, and it's about right for what we have, BUT there are 3 or 4 RECALLS on it. 

Well they ended up finding out that it was....... the battery...really.. Happy that is it but disappointed that the O'Reilly's battery testing machine could not produce the same outcome so I could have finished the install myself. Apparently a cell was dead and they said once they installed the new one problem solved... Best news I could have hoped for but sure wasted a lot of time and some money.

I did drive a new 2019 SLT loaner for 2 days while they worked to get it into the shop... Long story short it drove really nice but nothing earth shattering to make me want to change over from the "K" style. The 2019 felt so big on the front vs my 2016. I also drove a 2019 Denali with the 6.2L and it felt great as well. The engine/tranny was quick to respond and the 10 speed shifted really smooth. Since my truck is tuned it did not feel better than my current 8 speed but it was definitely better than my 8 speed prior to being tuned. Anyway still can't believe it was a battery but outcome could have been much worse.

• Like 1