Rough Country 3.5 inch knuckle lift or 3.5 inch Superlift

Hey Everyone, 

I am looking at doing a small lift on my truck(18 Silverado LT Z71) mostly for hunting purposes and I am trying to decide between the 3.5 inch RC knuckle lift and the 3.5 inch Superlift. Ive got some mixed reviews some are saying the Superlift runs better angles, some say the RC runs better angles. Some say they would run the RC kit because of the warranty and it rides better, I am just looking for some people who have these kits to give me their opinions on their respective kits. I am looking at these lifts because its my first lift above a 2 inch level and I don't want to spend a ton of money. I go hunting in the fall and fishing in the spring/summer and even with the 2 inch level on my truck now I find I worry about tearing the front bumper to pieces. I don't need or want a 6 inch BDS kit with fox shocks and all the fixins. Just looking for the best kit around 3.5-4 inches in the price range of the RC or Superlift. If anyone is running either of these lifts or something similar I would love your insight. Thanks in advance for the help, its greatly appreciated.

Jake

Hey Everyone, 
     I am looking at doing a small lift on my truck(18 Silverado LT Z71) mostly for hunting purposes and I am trying to decide between the 3.5 inch RC knuckle lift and the 3.5 inch Superlift. Ive got some mixed reviews some are saying the Superlift runs better angles, some say the RC runs better angles. Some say they would run the RC kit because of the warranty and it rides better, I am just looking for some people who have these kits to give me their opinions on their respective kits. I am looking at these lifts because its my first lift above a 2 inch level and I don't want to spend a ton of money. I go hunting in the fall and fishing in the spring/summer and even with the 2 inch level on my truck now I find I worry about tearing the front bumper to pieces. I don't need or want a 6 inch BDS kit with fox shocks and all the fixins. Just looking for the best kit around 3.5-4 inches in the price range of the RC or Superlift. If anyone is running either of these lifts or something similar I would love your insight. Thanks in advance for the help, its greatly appreciated.

Jake

Fully understood, what’s your cost for each?

Sent from above

Personally, IMHO, I cannot stand RC “But” You’re better off doing the RC 5” knuckle lift, much more bang for the buck, comes with everything and actually has its own sorta groupie followers that are enjoying theirs. Only thing you’ll 100% need are better shocks versus the garbage that comes with any of the budget lifts, don’t buy anything cheaper than Bilsteins, Much better option.

Sent from above

14 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Fully understood, what’s your cost for each?

Sent from above

RC is 500 and the Superlift is 650. The only thing about the 5 inch is that it is over double the price of the 3.5 inch. Im not really sure I want to go that high either because I would still like to be able to fit through a 7 foot garage door. thanks for the input, I will probably just go with the shocks that come with it for now and upgrade to the Bilsteins at a later date. I don't want to sink to much into it at one time lol the old lady might kill me. 

Thanks, 

Jake

• Like 1

RC is 500 and the Superlift is 650. The only thing about the 5 inch is that it is over double the price of the 3.5 inch. Im not really sure I want to go that high either because I would still like to be able to fit through a 7 foot garage door. thanks for the input, I will probably just go with the shocks that come with it for now and upgrade to the Bilsteins at a later date. I don't want to sink to much into it at one time lol the old lady might kill me. 

Thanks, 
Jake

Completely understand. I too worried about getting into the garage but went with it anyway and still have almost 5” from the shark fin antenna before hitting the garage and I’m running a 4.5”-5” lift with 34” tires. So don’t worry about having clearance issues. MHO, It’s best you really think about saving up a bit more just to get the 5” for reasons being it has excellent front geometry, comes with everything needed and if you don’t already know your suspension is the building block of your truck, go cheap now and you’ll actually freak out later with the amount of repairs caused by bad angles you get with a cheaper kit and all this just for the look. It doesn’t sound like it’s an emergency to get the cheaper one now, save up and get the 5” knuckle lift and you’ll be much happier and later thank me too.

Good luck!

Sent from above

Ive got the RC 3.5" lift with the knuckle and replaced the shocks with the N20 shocks from RC and I like it but I think some bilstiens would be a touch nicer. Im on 33's and I still fit in most of the garages and that was my concern and I load motorcycles in the bed and the 3.5" kit is alright. I have taken the truck offroad and its still capable also.

I run the Superlift 3.5", no issues with it in the last 10k miles.  I'm not crazy about the ride, kind of rough, which I don't remember it being like that with the RC 2.5" kit.  The difference in my kit I'm running Bilstein 5100 up front at the factory setting, and a 2.5" rear block with factory shocks instead of the stupid stacking blocks that the instructions want you to do.  I'm going to be swapping out my shocks to matching Bilstein 5100 this month to see if that helps out the ride.  Also might be swapping the front lift block for 2.5" Eibach springs, but that's a maybe.

I also have the Superlift 3.5" kit on my 2018 CCSB.  I cannot tell too much of a difference in ride stiffness as mine has the factory 20" wheels/tires which seem to ride rougher than the 18".  I have over 20k miles with the kit installed.  Mine came with Superlift rear shocks.  Their tech support said this lift with their UCA's is at it's max and if you went with the Billsteins up front; to leave them a the 0" setting.

Yeah mine came with the factory 20s and I got them to switch them out for the 18s, I liked a little more sidewall for cushion. Sounds like they are both decent kits. I agree with TXGREEK, yeah the 5 inch is probably a better set up but for the most part my truck is a pavement princess that I plan to keep for another 3 years or so. Im hoping those kits will not completely destroy it over that period of time. Im fine with a ball joint or two in a couple of years. I just want to make sure that the 8 or 10 times a year I am offroad that I don't tear the bumper off of it or get stuck. I live in Canada so a lot of times I wish it had more lift so i didn't have to shovel as much either LOL. Thanks for the help. 

Does anyone have any pictures of their truck's angles? or just their truck sitting next to a stock one or anything? love to see what they look like. 

2 hours ago, BCMoto said:

Ive got the RC 3.5" lift with the knuckle and replaced the shocks with the N20 shocks from RC and I like it but I think some bilstiens would be a touch nicer. Im on 33's and I still fit in most of the garages and that was my concern and I load motorcycles in the bed and the 3.5" kit is alright. I have taken the truck offroad and its still capable also.

How long have you had the kit installed? any issues at all?  you mention the truck was capable, any good stories on that one? 

Appreciate everyone taking the time to respond by the way! its very helpful

7 minutes ago, TimHortonsJunky said:

How long have you had the kit installed? any issues at all?  you mention the truck was capable, any good stories on that one? 

Appreciate everyone taking the time to respond by the way! its very helpful

I have had the kit on for a few months now, about 7k miles and it has been riding alright but im still looking into some other shocks, either fox or bilstiens. No issues at all yet, the cv angles are good. I took it on the trail and my Silverado did just as well or better than my friends f150 with a 6in lift. I took my CC 6.6bed on some really tight trails and it was good!

7 minutes ago, BCMoto said:

I have had the kit on for a few months now, about 7k miles and it has been riding alright but im still looking into some other shocks, either fox or bilstiens. No issues at all yet, the cv angles are good. I took it on the trail and my Silverado did just as well or better than my friends f150 with a 6in lift. I took my CC 6.6bed on some really tight trails and it was good!

I have a levelling kit now with 10 ply tires, does it ride that much worse than stock? i assume it will ride a little rougher than my current ranchos but is it that bad?

I have a levelling kit now with 10 ply tires, does it ride that much worse than stock? i assume it will ride a little rougher than my current ranchos but is it that bad?

You’ll definitely get better angles out of theRC 5” knuckle lift.

The Superlift will F’Up your CV’s and has raw steel parts that aren’t even powder coated.

You’ll also get MUCH more smiles per mile with the 5” and in three years you may just want to change wheels and tires for a new look rather than buying another one and better someone knowing they’re buying a better lift than just cheaper one for looks with added issues. Save up, get the 5” you’ll be soooooo much happier you did.

Sent from above

The RC 3.5" knuckle lift is sitting in my living room, got it Saturday. Still deciding if I want to mess with it or pay my mechanic $500 to install it. I saw on another thread here someone showed the angles and they look great with this kit!