Using HOAT coolant instead of Dex-Cool

Hello

I'm about to do a cooling system flush and radiator change on my 2003 Sierra 5.3 1500 "T" engine.

I was wondering if I could use the HOAT blue Mitsubishi coolant instead of the dexcool. A friend of mine works in a dealership, and he offered a pretty good price on them, and I've been asking around about it and most said that this coolant is the best when it comes to additives.

But I'm skeptical about using a totally different coolant in a Chevy, as most people I know use either the orange dexcool or the green stuff. That, and a lot of people hate on dexcool for some reason. What do you guys think?

22228249_1571353399577372_7721017004376171987_n.jpg

Well, coolant is coolant. I doubt you would get much benefit by switching given the age of your truck. You would probably have to do a harsh chemical flush and that would probably cause  more damage than it would be worth. Either way it can't hurt if its cheaper than a Dexcool equivalent. Dexcool is only an issue if you run it low for an extended period.

Edited by tbarn