TYRICH88's 2018 Sierra 6.2L Build

tyrich88

About 8k

Ummmm, you’re going to breach the limit so make sure you’ve got a really great suspension setup. I think 5-6k should really be the max cause by the time you’ve got additional people and all the extra gear your going to notice your 1500 not necessarily struggling but having a really hard time, just really careful especially crosswinds and extra heavy duty Weight Distribution Hitch

Sent from above

Btw, I sold my 14 1500 specifically for that reason, bought a 16 DMax and sold the DMax as soon as I got rid of the 7K# trailer and then back in the 1500 with zero plans of towing again well, maybe a smaller 5k.

Sent from above

12 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Ummmm, you’re going to breach the limit so make sure you’ve got a really great suspension setup. I think 5-6k should really be the max cause by the time you’ve got additional people and all the extra gear your going to notice your 1500 not necessarily struggling but having a really hard time, just really careful especially crosswinds and extra heavy duty Weight Distribution Hitch

Sent from above

I towed 5-6k with my 5.3 regularly with no issues. Was rated for 7400. This truck is well over that for capability. the 6.2 crew cab short bed 4x4 is rated at at minimum 9100lbs. With max tow its 11700lbs.

I actually had a typo though. Its 7k, i fat fingered it. 
Most i'm going to have in the pickup is my wife and my 2 year old. Not much for added weight. 

I towed 5-6k with my 5.3 regularly with no issues. Was rated for 7400. This truck is well over that for capability. the 6.2 crew cab short bed 4x4 is rated at at minimum 9100lbs. With max tow its 11700lbs.

I actually had a typo though. Its 7k, i fat fingered it. 
Most i'm going to have in the pickup is my wife and my 2 year old. Not much for added weight. 

My 7k slapped my Z71 1500 around and had me white knuckling it each trip, had my family drive separate vehicle cause it was just that unstable but be careful. Good luck and hope you enjoy that beautiful truck!

Sent from above

• 2 weeks later...

So its been a couple weeks and a lot of things have been happening. 

1. Camper shell was moved over from the old truck.

2. Had the new truck tinted. 

3. AFE Momentum GT Intake (with dry filter) was put on.

4. Fox 2.0 shocks were installed on the truck and front end was lifted about 2" and truck is now level. 

5. 4" Magnaflow catback (Part #15318) exhaust installed.

6. New 17" Method NV's were ordered and should be in this week.

Oh and I also installed the black GMC Emblems that my buddy got from the dealership.

The only step left is to decide on new tires. 
The short list of tires was:

1. Cooper AT3 XLT

2. Falken Wildpeak AT3

3. Nitto Ridge Grappler

I have pretty much decided on the Cooper AT3 XLT but am still torn on sizes. 

The new wheels are 17s with a 0 offset.
Debating on 285/70r17 or 295/70r17

Also need to decide whether to go White letters out or black. 

Thoughts anyone?

Here's a pic after the shocks were put on. Have videos of the exhaust and will post more pics after tires and wheels are put on. 

image.png.b6e6371f00fa7681c3a377072bee79e3.png

Edited by tyrich88

So I decided on tires and the mods are now complete! 

In case anyone is curious, i did confirm before installing the new wheels that after leveling a 2018 model, the stock wheels and tire set up DOES rub on the upper control arm. Seems stupid that GM designed them that way, but after hearing from TXGREEK above, i chose the shocks and new wheels route vs a full lift kit. 

I ended up choosing Cooper AT3 XLTs in 295/70r17 and the trucks looks AMAZING. So pumped with how it turned out and the shocks ride SO GOOD.

Pics below. 

Before wheels/tires:

image.png.72328d274c7b4cfef7a7b33b554a640f.png

image.png.9a36762579d5ebdef989c7abf9baffb8.png

image.png.dba7da21ac98d4f9b47e443fcd3e9916.png

AFTER!!! 

image.png.e4ae454b1bef4c60ba989b4ff1fa6e9b.png

image.png.849e1ea7b30f0e623547ea63247ab179.png

image.png.891c167aeb9b905382d3f698d7c2ea97.png

image.png.66f1607fce6af3c37ab3a2b9b1e30491.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my eyes on these tires in this exact size.  How do you like'em so far?  I have 285/70-17 KO2s now and they're great but I would love a legit 33+" tire with a bit more width to fill out the wheel wells more.  These look about perfectly sized.