Duct tape, really?

The first thing that came to mind is as others suggested,  packaging material.   I'd estimate that 99.652% of new truck owners will never look there.  I'd remove it if you find it bothersome.  I removed a panel of my new travel trailer yesterday that is not meant for regular access.  I was appalled at the crap left behind  during the assembly process.  Personally, I get very annoyed when work quality differs in areas where "no one will see it".  

Not surprised one bit. Par for the 21st Century course!

The rest of the surprises you'll find after it's out of warranty ...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tbarn said:

I surely hope this entire thread is in jest. Cannot believe anyone would care, let alone bitch about it.

Nope. Maybe you don’t care.  I think it’s crazy that it came like that.

I can’t believe your bitching about this thread.  :P

• Thanks 1

Sorry for expecting a little more for my $60,000 ... :sigh: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tbarn said:

I surely hope this entire thread is in jest. Cannot believe anyone would care, let alone bitch about it.

11 hours ago, Jsdirt said:

Sorry for expecting a little more for my $60,000 ... :sigh: 

Nope, I certainly don't care that my $60k truck came with a cardboard steering wheel and a drawing of an engine under the hood...If this IS real than it is certainly unacceptable even if it does not change a thing about the truck other than cosmetically. If you made birdhouses for a living and sold them at a super-premium price and your customers found out that you were using duct tape all over it don't you think they would be a little ticked off and shouldn't you be a little embarrassed by that? Or do you just regularly hustle people anyways...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCPGMC said:

Nope, I certainly don't care that my $60k truck came with a cardboard steering wheel and a drawing of an engine under the hood...If this IS real than it is certainly unacceptable even if it does not change a thing about the truck other than cosmetically. If you made birdhouses for a living and sold them at a super-premium price and your customers found out that you were using duct tape all over it don't you think they would be a little ticked off and shouldn't you be a little embarrassed by that? Or do you just regularly hustle people anyways...

I promise you this isn’t made up.  It came from the factory this way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Limelight said:

I promise you this isn’t made up.  It came from the factory this way. 

I don’t know about you, but I certainly didn’t go out and buy black duct tape to put on my relays. Just wasn’t on my to-do list.

• Like 1