Fuel in Oil and Extended Warranty

I started noticing that the oil level in my truck was increasing about a month ago and sent a sample into Blackstone labs, they reported back that I had 5.3% fuel in my oil. what are my chances of getting the issue fixed under my trucks extended warranty? is 5.3% fuel in oil enough for GM to do anything?

Edited by lawnboy-5247

27 minutes ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Rings are shot.

That’s the first thought, how many miles. That’s a lot of fuel...if an injector is stuck open pumping a buttload of fuel then maybe. At least that wouldn’t be a huge fix...but they are only covered in the bumper to bumper unless you have them specifically covered in your extended??

Edited by SS502

I only have about 34000 miles in the truck. The other thing I noticed is a  drop in Fuel economy from 19 hwy and 15-16 city to 17 hwy and 12-13 city It occurred around when I got new tires in November and I assumed it was due to heavier A/T tires  but i'm now wondering if it is related to this as well. The Report I got from Blackstone did not indicate any unusually high numbers other than fuel dilution of the oil that combined with my low mileage makes me doubt that my rings are shot. 

37 minutes ago, lawnboy-5247 said:

I only have about 34000 miles in the truck. The other thing I noticed is a  drop in Fuel economy from 19 hwy and 15-16 city to 17 hwy and 12-13 city It occurred around when I got new tires in November and I assumed it was due to heavier A/T tires  but i'm now wondering if it is related to this as well. The Report I got from Blackstone did not indicate any unusually high numbers other than fuel dilution of the oil that combined with my low mileage makes me doubt that my rings are shot. 

Well being a 2014 you’re not under the bumper to bumper so I’d look at the extended and see if I was covered. Either way you are gonna have to get it fixed, isn’t anything good with fuel in the oil.

You only have 34,000 miles?! In a 2014?!

Who drives the truck? Your grandmother?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 Allterrain with only 38k!!! Lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The amount of miles on it means nothing. The amount of miles per trip could. It should be driven enough miles per trip to warm up. I have two old vehicles with low miles no issues with gas in oil. Iv know several old people that drive very little no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

2014 model powertrain is 5yr 100K miles from the in service date.

Did you buy the truck new? If so when? You definitely are no where near 100k miles so it comes down to the 5yr timing at this point.

And yes, larger heavier tires can take you down an average of 2mpg lower.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doozer78 said:

I have a 2014 Allterrain with only 38k!!! Lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My girlfriends car is a 2013 and only has 32XXX but we normally take my car/truck. It seems rare in today's world but those with multiple vehicles spread the miles LOL