Review of ReadyLift 7" Lift on my 2017 Silverado

Here's my 17 Z71 6.2 with a 7" Readylift 20×10 -19 Hostile Rage H113 and 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I haven't seen anyone running this kit, at least on this forum. I was trying to decide between this kit and the 4.5" CST lift. The CST doesn't widen your track width and this kit says it only pushes it out 1/2" or less. I finally decided on this one and I'm glad I did. The CST kit is really nice, but I couldn't justify the amount of work to install and end up being just being a few inches higher than my previous level setup. After the suspension settled, lift and tires netted me a full 7" higher than my leveled setup. The front sits exactly 1 inch higher than the rear due to the rear only getting 6 inch blocks. I'm going to install an AAL to fix this because I can't stand the front being higher than the rear. I like a little rake. The quality of the lift components was great. Readylift also manufactures and develops all their kits here in the USA. All the powder coating was flawless, all the bags were labeled, the instructions were detailed, and even in color. Although my truck originally came with stamped steel UCAs, I had already upgraded to Cognito UCAs and wanted to keep them. Plus the Cognitos have bolt in ball joints for an easy swap if needed. A quick call to Readylift and they advised me to get the kit for the trucks with aluminum UCAs. I didn't know this, but according to Readylift the trucks that have aluminum UCAs share the same knuckle as the trucks with stamped steel UCAs. I thought that the 3 different UCAs all used the same knuckle, but they don't. So all I had to do to get my Cognito UCAs to fit was chase the small end of the Knuckle where the ball joint mounts with a 9/16 drill bit. Took about 2 secs to drill each knuckle. Other than that the install was pretty straight forward, just like any other lift except for the clamshell mount that mounts to the bottom of the shock. I already had Bilstein 5100s in the front so I kept them. The lift comes with rear extended length 5100s so I have them on all 4 corners. This install requires you to trim your stock plastic front skid plate and drill some holes in it to reuse it, I ended up finding a used metal front portion of the 3 piece kit that guys are putting on these trucks. I thought I would have to also trim this to fit, but it actually bolted right up. No  trimming needed. For $40 shipped on ebay I thought it was a pretty good deal for added protection. Rear portion of the kit is just a couple of brake line extension brackets, new shocks, and new 6" blocks. I did have to trim the front plastic air dam and remove the rear splash guards. Only 1 rear splash guard was making contact when I hit a few rough roads. I did a search and it looks like some trucks rear wheels aren't centered. That's what was causing it to rub. I also checked my co-workers truck that is stock and his passenger side rear wheel is also off center. I'm really happy with the kit. It rides great. Since I already had 5100s and Ridge Grapplers it rides pretty much the same as when I just had the level. You can definitely tell that the larger tires are there. They are heavier, and I went from a Load E to a Load F.   20190327_1210011.thumb.jpg.e6884648a6f18054970bf6e162c55885.jpg

• Like 1