Paint Chips in Bumper

16 hours ago, Ohiozr2 said:

I ordered the most expensive one. I won’t be able to get a perfect match with my color (diamond white), but if it covers the bare metal well I will be happy with it.

Agreed, this isn't a perfect solution that will have the same results as a complete paint repair/restoration but it will be the best DIY solution that costs you under $100. Paint pens/brushes look like globbed crap. Based on what I'm seeing with the Dr Colorchip kit this is the most control over the paint that you can achieve - and it's much quicker when you have a lot of chips (which is true in my case - front painted bumper is peppered). Kit should arrive this weekend or early next week, hoping to get time next weekend to touch up my truck.

I had the painted bumper chipping and rust issue on my last truck.  It didn’t have parking sensors so I ended up just replacing it with the chrome bumper for around $350.

On this new Denali, I am certainly going to try the PPF route and see if that fares any better.  I’m just debating how many other things I want to wrap with the PPF while I’m at it.

40 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

22 months into the xpel ultimate on my 2017 midnight edition.. still looks perfect... ZERO chips.

Got pictures of what it looks like?  Just curious if you can tell it is covered?

5 minutes ago, b1gted said:

Got pictures of what it looks like?  Just curious if you can tell it is covered?

The link to my original post (pic in there) is in the second post on this thread... My truck is black, so the XPEL is difficult to see

On 4/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, mookdoc6 said:

Yup, I think the whole Blacked Out, Black wheel thing is a joke.  My brother just picked up a 2019 T1 and got the front chrome on his Silvy......Very Nice the truck looks great and it will wear better @80K too!

To each his own..black on black is beautiful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b1gted said:

The red GMC in this thread is a good example of what it looks like done both a good job and a bad job since it was done twice. I parked next to a coworker at work every day that drove a Silver Tundra and it took me 3 weeks to ever notice his front was done with ppf. Only way I even noticed it was edge were it they ended it on the hood and down the fender was shining in the sun one day. And I’m even a car guy...

Edited by wforrest08

I was not a big believer in putting 3M on the front, but after I bough the Corvette I had with it on already I became totally sold on it. I would never buy a new vehicle again with out having it put on. Especially one with a painted front bumper. It is a lifesaver especially up here in Canada or in Northern States were roads are sanded in winter.