Sunglass Holder and Garage Remote Should Be Standard in 2019 Silverado

The 2019 Silverado has plenty of overhead space to place a simple sunglass holder and a garage remote.  I’ve got an RST, and I wish these features were present. Apparently, none of the 2019 Silverado trims carry these combined luxeries.  There is more overhead ceiling space in my 2019 Silverado than in my 2018 Tahoe LT,  yet my Tahoe has both a sunglass holder and a garage remote, (as well as  a kiddy-view mirror). (See pics)

To compensate for these lack of features, I currently clip on a typical garage remote (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CAB9FEO/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on my driver side overhead visor, as well as a clip-on sunglass holder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SNNWKB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on the same visor.  (It’s like my vehicle is from the 1980s!!!) (see pic). This all works ok, but it’s a pain when I have to move my visor, especially when I detach it to place it next to the driver side door window, and then try to put it back in place again.

For a $50,000 truck, a built-in sunglass holder and garage remote, should be standard features! (Just like in the Chevy Tahoe LT) (See pics).

Has anyone seen or currently use a better after market solution?  An after market center-placed overhead sunglass holder and garage remote?  (So I can free up my overburdened “1980’s-like” visor...)

Thanks,

Ron (2019RST)

A827D3DD-C7E6-4F43-BE3F-0C38626C6470.thumb.jpeg.7b62c7a3e6a30c34a9c2687d9e5d154b.jpeg

77EB0D06-8071-45AF-94B7-BD9CD1371F5C.jpeg

DD0D34A6-1F27-43E0-89A5-1E0602A67012.jpeg

2BD02EF8-DDDC-49CA-BF45-09CED6670CD0.jpeg

486E39CD-5105-45AF-BF4A-F4A2E48005DD.jpeg

12 hours ago, 2019RST said:

The 2019 Silverado has plenty of overhead space to place a simple sunglass holder and a garage remote.  I’ve got an RST, and I wish these features were present. Apparently, none of the 2019 Silverado trims carry these combined luxeries.  There is more overhead ceiling space in my 2019 Silverado than in my 2018 Tahoe LT,  yet my Tahoe has both a sunglass holder and a garage remote, (as well as  a kiddy-view mirror). (See pics)

To compensate for these lack of features, I currently clip on a typical garage remote (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CAB9FEO/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on my driver side overhead visor, as well as a clip-on sunglass holder (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SNNWKB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on the same visor.  (It’s like my vehicle is from the 1980s!!!) (see pic). This all works ok, but it’s a pain when I have to move my visor, especially when I detach it to place it next to the driver side door window, and then try to put it back in place again.

For a $50,000 truck, a built-in sunglass holder and garage remote, should be standard features! (Just like in the Chevy Tahoe LT) (See pics).

Has anyone seen or currently use a better after market solution?  An after market center-placed overhead sunglass holder and garage remote?  (So I can free up my overburdened “1980’s-like” visor...)

Thanks,

Ron (2019RST)

Here you go:

Sucks they did away with sunglass holder I used it everyday in my other trucks, somebody needs to bitch slap the ass at gm who came up with leaving it off the new trucks. lol

• Haha 2

If you didn't get whichever options needed to get the garage door buttons then the setup you have is as good as you're going to get (my buttons are part of the assembly that has the sunroof buttons and map lights). The sunglass holder is definitely a stupid omission by GM, though.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, GilliganLQ said:

If you didn't get whichever options needed to get the garage door buttons then the setup you have is as good as you're going to get (my buttons are part of the assembly that has the sunroof buttons and map lights). The sunglass holder is definitely a stupid omission by GM, though.

You can hardwire a Homelink remote into your headliner.  It's pricy, but better looking/function than the battery remote clipped to the visor.

https://smile.amazon.com/HomeLink-60-HMLKV5BLK-Wireless-Control-Headliner/dp/B00A79G9FY

Another option might be an auto-dimming/Homelink center mirror replacement, something like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Gentex-Frameless-Auto-Dimming-Homelink-50-genk80a/dp/B00PXGZESO

• Thanks 1

The universal remote has always been part of a package. Convenience package I think. I have a sunroof and it’s part of my cluster.  The sunglasses holder,  if you look at the forum for previous models, a lot of folks complained about the size. I myself never used it in fear of them getting scratched.

• 3 months later...

Not sure what GM is doing these days.  Not including towing mirrors in an all new truck is just crazy. But hey, you can get them on a 2020 model.

I went the route in my 2014 Chevy Cruze to add the Homelink to the center headliner consol. I purchased a used one off ebay for $20 and wired it in.  Looks factory since I was able to get the same gray color as the consol. Might be able to do the same.  The Homelink I got was out of a ford sun visor.  

OP must have a lower trim truck, as my loaded RST has the 3 Homelink buttons right by the Onstar buttons. 

As for sunglasses, just put them in the center console tray, right under the charging ports (if you have buckets) or in the storage space on top of the radio in the dash.