Sunglass Holder and Garage Remote Should Be Standard in 2019 Silverado

My wife's '16 Yukon has the sunglass holder, and it is useless for anything but the old style flat metal frame glasses.  Anything else either won't fit, or you think they fit, only to get them stuck when the holder won't open.  I like the idea of it, nice clean, closed storage area, but with the trend toward larger frames and curved frames that fit your face better, I think the size they would have to make it would hang down and be more of a  distracting eyesore than anything.  I just put mine in the center upper dash area, which is so deep you can't see them when driving anyway and my wife keeps a pair in the upper glove box.    

As for the garage door opener, it's part of a package on most vehicles.  In my Wrangler, it wasn't even an option (I think it might be now with the new body style), but a lot of guys were just taking the insides out of a keychain size remote, hiding the 'guts' in the A Pillar and wiring a small discrete button somewhere in the pillar or headliner to activate it.  

I guess it's more of what you are used to.  Coming from a Wrangler, I'm loving massive center console storage, dual glove boxes, massive area in the center of the dash, etc...

17 hours ago, jkrunningdeer said:

My $54,000 (sticker) RST doesn't. :(

Congratulations on everything you *did* get for your money.

I spent more on my High Country and I got more features.  It's probably not just a coincidence.

I like the idea of the sunglasses holder, but like you all, I have the curved style that barely fit in there. Half the time I leave the glasses sit on top of the console.

I don't get the issue with the garage door opener though. I've had one clipped on the visor of every vehicle I've ever driven and it's never cause me any concerns. If you want to slip it on the passenger side, then it wouldn't bother you at all when you put the visor on your side window.

I've had my 2017 for 2.5 years now and just recently have a pair of sunglasses that fit in the holder.  It is pretty cool, just to rub it in :D

What I wish I had is the storage behind the radio.  A coworker has a Yukon Denali.  THAT is pretty wicked.  

I used the sunglasses holder on my two past trucks hated the glasses always rattled had to put them in the cloth baggy, new truck I can put 5 pair in the tray on the dash and they stay there. You all whine like a bunch of damn babies. Grow a pair and quit acting like a little bitch. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 11:10 AM, Nick The Great said:

I've had my 2017 for 2.5 years now and just recently have a pair of sunglasses that fit in the holder.  It is pretty cool, just to rub it in :D

What I wish I had is the storage behind the radio.  A coworker has a Yukon Denali.  THAT is pretty wicked.  

Our 15 impala LTZ had that. What a great car it was. When it got rear ended at a traffic light I almost got cited for no proof of insurance until I remembered the radio had the storage compartment behind it. Pretty slick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 11:09 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Dammit where is the umbrella holder???

Ryan B.

LOL! I drove my 2014 Volt for 3 years before I discovered there was an umbrella holder in the driver's door. Too bad it's too short for an average folding umbrella, and thus practically worthless, but I thought it was cool that it had one.