Has anyone color matched Trail Boss bumpers yet?

Has any one done this yet, paint or wrap?  I'd like to see one with just the bumpers done, and also with the bumpers and grille done.  I think they would look a lot better that way.  They look too much like a work truck from the factory, especially the Custom trim.  

• Like 1

Here are some pics of my RST.  The lower bumper is from a LTZ or High Country and we simply painted the chrome portion summit white and reinstalled.  It's still a work in progress (also dirty) and as you can see the lights are still missing.  I had fast headlights remove the orange and replace with clear lenses.  I will be doing a full build thread within the next 2 weeks.  Lots of mods to share.

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Sotally Tober said:

Here are some pics of my RST.  The lower bumper is from a LTZ or High Country and we simply painted the chrome portion summit white and reinstalled.  It's still a work in progress (also dirty) and as you can see the lights are still missing.  I had fast headlights remove the orange and replace with clear lenses.  I will be doing a full build thread within the next 2 weeks.  Lots of mods to share.

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

Looks fantastic!!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, z1boss said:

Looks fantastic!!

I want to paint my front bumper so bad. But can’t find no wrap for it. I have the shadow gray metallic trailboss.    I want to do something to break up all the black front.   Wish I could find some letters to stick in the grill that spells out Chevrolet. Red or white would look good.  Anybody know of any part like this 

236C8EA7-1698-4A3C-BF61-3DF6FE32A11D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 10:17 PM, eppieguy said:

Get the letters painted.

I wouldn’t mind that either. But. It’s just the cutout of the letters.   It’s almost like I need to buy some letters of some sort and stick them back into the word Chevrolet to change the color out.  If that makes sense lol 

Chevrolet accessories sells the letters for $150 and you install yourself. I went to a local auto trim shop and had vinyl letters added to my tailgate where it's stamped CHEVROLET.  Looks amazing!  Cost was $99. My truck is an LT Trail Boss so I don't have the grill letters, but same concept applies.  

2 hours ago, lebag335 said:

Chevrolet accessories sells the letters for $150 and you install yourself. I went to a local auto trim shop and had vinyl letters added to my tailgate where it's stamped CHEVROLET.  Looks amazing!  Cost was $99. My truck is an LT Trail Boss so I don't have the grill letters, but same concept applies.  

You care to give me the link.  I’ve been all over looking for something like this. Can’t seem to find what you are mentioning on Chevrolet accessories page? 

8 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

You care to give me the link.  I’ve been all over looking for something like this. Can’t seem to find what you are mentioning on Chevrolet accessories page? 

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/search/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500#/98014/Decals?sortId=top

There you go!

6 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

6 hours ago, lebag335 said:

Those are the letters for the rear not the front just so you are aware.  Not sure if that's what you're looking for 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z1boss said:

Those are the letters for the rear not the front just so you are aware.  Not sure if that's what you're looking for 

Yea.  Just saw. I’ve already got the tailgate lettering done.  Looking for the front grill letters.   Wish they would come out with something already lol.   

8 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

Yea.  Just saw. I’ve already got the tailgate lettering done.  Looking for the front grill letters.   Wish they would come out with something already lol.   

get a piece of plastic - paint it or vinyl it and mount it on the back side of the Letter's ? Something to think about . or just add a LED strip ( white / amber ) .  need Photo's when done .

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:00 AM, dctackett10 said:

Somewhere on this forum someone put colored duct tape on the inside. Looked ok in picture not sure about in person but it’s a thought