thoughts on mods and truck warranty

My truck is a 2018 Silverado, I've added towing mirrors with Phils custom cables and did the diode mod for the cargo light in reverse. I recently scheduled my truck for it's first oil change.I got to thinking, about mods and the effects on the factory warranty. Obviously I'm not going to remove the mirrors to take it in. but could easily pull the diode, Does any of this stuff void the warranty? Just curious what every one else's thoughts are on mods and warranty's?

Edited by CShirey

I think it’s really going to depend on your dealer. I’ve got the diode mod for fogs on while highs are and they’ve never said anything about that. I’ve also got extra strobe lights wired in for the fire Dept I’m on and nothing’s been said of those either. I doubt anything would be said until there’s an issue and they can blame it or pin point it to the said mod.

This of course is just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the diode mod done in my 2018.  I have had it in 3 times for various warranty/vibration issues/oil changes.  They've never said a thing. 

That said, should you start having issues that can be traced back to the BCM, I'd highly recommend removing the diode so they can't attribute the issues to that immediately.

I've never had any issues, in fact, I've been complimented on my USB charger I added for the rear seats and asked where I got it done. I also have the diode mod for cargo lights and I've taken my truck in for AC repair via the warranty and regular oil changes, not a word was said other than the one I mentioned. If I were to take it in for any electrical issues though, I would remove the diodes just to be safe. It gives them less to pass the blame to. 

as others have said, it totally depends on the dealer. I am now out of warranty but I removed all of the emissions off of my duramax when it was new. the dealer I bought it from would not do anything with it, but I called another local GMC dealer and told them I have a truck that I removed the emissions on and they said as long as its not related to what aftermarket equipment is on the truck we will cover it. issues fixed were a leaky oil pan gasket, and a fried power seat. 

I would be amazed if they would even say anything about a diode.