AT4 with Duratracs

For those of you who have the Duratracs on your AT4 how do you like them? Are they noisy and how do they ride? I am getting ready to order a new AT4 and I am on the fence whether to order the truck with the 18”  wheel and Duratracs or go with the 20” wheel and put ridge grapplers on them. 

Thanks for the help!

The duratracs are pretty loud in the cab at about 30mph and mine only have about 1100 miles on them.   Running down the freeway, I don't really notice them.   The ride is good though - glad to have them off road,  driving down gravel roads and such.   I used to run some BFG KM2's on another vehicle, I don't see a lot of difference in them (as far as noise). 

• Like 1

I have had 20" Duratracs on my High Country right now, since early December.  They are noisy for sure.  In a way that I noticed it, but not in a way that bothers me (yet).  I haven't had the windows open much this past winter, then add the heater fan and radio..  I'll be going back to the stock no-season Alenzas soon for summer too, so I still won't hear them with the windows open. :cool:

Traction was pretty good for winter, can't argue with that.  My comparison was Blizzak DM-V1s though, I haven't driven on AT-KOs regularly for a few years now.  I'd have gotten KO2s if the Duratracs were not $200 cheaper on Black Friday lol.

Coming from a 17 ltz with 20" federal couragia mt...the duratracs are quite for me lol...I can hear them a bit but not super loud. The ride is much smoother than my federals as well.

However the duratracs only measure 32.3" tall while the 20s come with 33" measuring tires. So if you get the truck with the 18s for the duratracs you might end up swapping to some bigger tires anyway.

Edited by asalinasz39

They are fairly loud below 45mph, definitely the loudest tire i have owned. On the highway they do quiet down significantly.

If you drive a lot and don't need or want a mud type tire I'd go for the 20s. I will be replacing my duratracs with a bigger/different tire when the time comes .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I can hear it but it doesn't bother me, I'm usually listening to the spotify. If there was a rattle somewhere in the cab? I'd be going nuts trying to solve it. But the steady hum of the tires just fades into background noise for me. Ride is smooth. I love ripping around in this truck, you can run right up to the 98 mph governor, still accelerating, still completely smooth with no stress anywhere, no vibration or effort. When you slam into that 98 mph governor at WOT it almost feels like the engine shuts off, very weird feeling.

Edited by SierraAT4
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, SierraAT4 said:

I can hear it but it doesn't bother me, I'm usually listening to the spotify. If there was a rattle somewhere in the cab? I'd be going nuts trying to solve it. But the steady hum of the tires just fades into background noise for me. Ride is smooth. I love ripping around in this truck, you can run right up to the 98 mph governor, still accelerating, still completely smooth with no stress anywhere, no vibration or effort. When you slam into that 98 mph governor at WOT it almost feels like the engine shuts off, very weird feeling.

Mine didn’t stop till 103 ?

Go to a Chevy dealer and test drive a Trail Boss with duratacs. That is the only way you will know if the duratacs are too loud for your taste. They do ride great and really suck 2 mpgs.

Unless you need the off-road capability, there is absolutely no reason to oder you truck with duratacs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

For those of you who have the Duratracs on your AT4 how do you like them? Are they noisy and how do they ride? I am getting ready to order a new AT4 and I am on the fence whether to order the truck with the 18”  wheel and Duratracs or go with the 20” wheel and put ridge grapplers on them. 

Thanks for the help!

fa991313a9e4a480dd71ab1b8d810ff6.jpg
I love my Ridge Grapplers but they’re a bit on the rough side. Had KO2’s before and wasn’t impressed with side wall protection, Ridge Grapplers are very durable and have excellent side wall protection. If I had to choose between the KO2’s and Ridge Grapplers I’d get the KO2’s for a smoother ride but may have issues with vibrations at higher speed like I did.
I’ve heard the Duratracs are loud and get even louder after breaking them in.

Sent from above
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 7:47 AM, TXGREEK said:

fa991313a9e4a480dd71ab1b8d810ff6.jpg
I love my Ridge Grapplers but they’re a bit on the rough side. Had KO2’s before and wasn’t impressed with side wall protection, Ridge Grapplers are very durable and have excellent side wall protection. If I had to choose between the KO2’s and Ridge Grapplers I’d get the KO2’s for a smoother ride but may have issues with vibrations at higher speed like I did.
I’ve heard the Duratracs are loud and get even louder after breaking them in.

Sent from above

Damn, but the look of those Ridge Graps are f*ckin aggresive, i love the look 

• Like 1