No regrets on 2019 Special Order ??

Here is what I hope to special order for my retirement truck to myself. My 2011 Z71 has 192,000 miles and it has been a great friend and tool.

2019 LT Silverado, 4x4x, Crew Cab, Standard Box, 5.3, Max Trailer with 3.42, Silver Ice Metallic, Coco Dune bench seat, and all the Convenience Packages.

I plan to add a brush guard, tool box, KO2 18” tires, and Amp Power Running Boards.

Question: Any regrets owning the “new Silverado” with a similar configuration?

Thanks!

Edited by Snuff
  • Like 1

Get conveince package 2 if you want SiriusXM radio. I like the z71 off road and protection package combo. You get a spray in bed liner, wheel liners, dual exhaust, and auto locking rear differential for $1900. I also really like the gm 6 inch black rectangular side steps. Get remote start and if you tow a trailer get the advanced Trailer package, you will get tpms sensors that go in your trialer tires and display their psi right in your dash. For $240 that is a steal.

The only thing you won't get in the Lt is Bose radio which sounds so much better than the stock radio. You need the RST or LT trail boss trim to get Bose with conveince package 2.

Lastly I asked this question earlier today, if you order your truck ask if it is being made in the USA or Mexico. I am not sure if you have a choice. I did not have good luck with my last Mexican Silverado.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks - I am somewhat shocked more people have not confirmed my idea of a nice silverado versus F-150 or Ram.

I also plan on the convenience II Package.I think you get Bose with convenince II Package.

I want the 3.42 with Max Tow and will add bed liner. If I don’t love the ride I plan to change shocks with Bilsteins. I agree the Z71 is a good value but I spend more time on the highway and spend most of my off-road time in my Polaris Ranger.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Snuff

Simply to tie into OP's post...

I hate hate HATE that GM does not provide SiriusXM radio and foglights with the LT All-Star package...or that foglights aren't available period on an LT package.

Sure some folks won't care about one or both of those, and they can squeeze more money from buyers who do...but offering less value than 16-18 trucks steams me a bit.

Edited by BoilerUP

I will add that you really need to go test drive a 6.2.  If this is your retirement truck, that means you will be keeping it and why not get one with some comfort?  The 6.2 with the 10sp is awesome.  This is me coming from a 2002 Silverado with a 5.3.

Also  I have gotten some great mileage in the mountains of PA last week visiting my mom.  I got an average of 24mpg running around up there.  The entire trip, 1,500 miles worth I averaged 19.8mpg.  My 2002 would have been lucky to get 15mpg.  So I'm happy and the extra power is so well worth it.

Congratulations on your retirement and future truck!  You will receive lots of help here on how to spend your money!    I bought my last two new trucks off the lot.  I felt that I was able to buy more truck for less money than if I was to make a factory order. I will add that both times I went looking at "LT's" and drove home "SLE's". 

22 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I will add that you really need to go test drive a 6.2.  If this is your retirement truck, that means you will be keeping it and why not get one with some comfort?  The 6.2 with the 10sp is awesome.  This is me coming from a 2002 Silverado with a 5.3.

Also  I have gotten some great mileage in the mountains of PA last week visiting my mom.  I got an average of 24mpg running around up there.  The entire trip, 1,500 miles worth I averaged 19.8mpg.  My 2002 would have been lucky to get 15mpg.  So I'm happy and the extra power is so well worth it.

I'm looking into a 2019; and believe me, I'd purchase the 6.2 in a heartbeat and I'm decades away from retirement. My problem with GM (and they are very stupid in this since it pushes me towards RAM instead) is that I can't put the 6.2 in "my" truck. You need LTZ trim, and/or some huge expensive package first, before they allow you to drop the 6.2.

As an example; the truck I want with a 5.3, is about 48K (Canadian), both silverado and sierra come to roughly this price with my features (using "build and price on the website). If I switch to a 6.2, it bumps me up to low 60's somewhere.

So why does that push me towards RAM? Because the RAM with equivalent feature set is only 45K CAD, and that comes with the 5.7, and after test driving both back to back, there is no doubt that the RAM has a very noticeable gain in power over the 5.3. I have no doubt the 6.2 will be even more improvement over the hemi, but I'm just not paying that, sorry GM.

Just my 2 cents.

29 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Congratulations on your retirement and future truck!  You will receive lots of help here on how to spend your money!    I bought my last two new trucks off the lot.  I felt that I was able to buy more truck for less money than if I was to make a factory order. I will add that both times I went looking at "LT's" and drove home "SLE's". 

So you went looking at a Chevy and came home with a GMC?

1 minute ago, paracutin said:

So you went looking at a Chevy and came home with a GMC?

Yes, I did the same in 1986 when looking for a Suburban and came home with the GMC version.  (I still called it my Suburban).  There is enough similarity between the Sierra's and Silverado's  that it will take very little for me to flip between the two.  I remember in 2015 the stitch treatment on the dash of the SLE was what tipped the scale in GMC's favour