Silverado and Sierra Both Down, Yet GM Sales Report Claims Gains - Which Is True?

Gorehamj

On 4/3/2019 at 7:30 AM, garagerog said:

Way back when I was a freshman in college I took a psych 101 course. First required reading was a short book titled "How to Lie with Statistics". That has stuck with me all my adult life. That and the old saw, "take everything with a grain of salt".

Yup, I agree with this. I fear for my stocks once the economy has to stop lying about sales figures. To think that big business base decisions on this fudged number just brings me pain. 

Did any of you even read the story?  Crew cab models were virtually the only models available in the first quarter.  Full production of the regular cab and double cabs didn't start until March.  But crew cab sales were up 20% compared to crew cab sales in the first quarter of '18.  Understand?  That's good!

• 2 weeks later...

Well what is it, about 8 months since the new trucks have been out. I think I have maybe seen a 8 on the road. I don't know were all these gains have been sold but they sure as hell are not were I am driving. 

In Canada I am noting that GM is advertising $8500. discounts on some models

Edited by Likarok

Well one thing is they have a the old model carried over selling it with the new 2019 I would not be surprised if those carryover trucks are out selling the new body.

But they will most likely not let us know just call them all 2019 trucks.

I just spent a $100 CND to fill up this morning.  Gas here is on track to double in just a couple of months.

I know it's going up in the US to so that is cooling people to trucks.

Ford just canceled the third shift at the Windsor engine plant which build their F150 V8's. So suspect people are going with the EchoBoost over the V8 as panic sets in. lol