Gorehamj

GM Average 2019 Truck Transaction Prices Up $8,040 Compared To Outgoing Models

Sticker on my 2010 SLT AT was $53,000CAD, sticker on my current 2015 SLT AT (with the EXACT same spec + addition of 6.2L) was $65,500 (6.2L was a $3k option in Cda at the time) so that puts a new 6.2L Carbon Pro AT4 at around $75,000CAD before fees and taxes?

I think I have increased my wage by a whole $3/hr since 2010 if that? Certainly not enough to cover these 20% MSRP increases everytime they make new sheet metal. Inflation is roughly 3%, I don't know where the other 17% comes from. I know I can no longer easily afford the equipment package that I am accustomed to. Maybe its time to walk away from trucks altogether for my personal use and buy a sports car and bomb around in my base model 2500 when the weather is bad. Heck, you can buy a 1LZ Z06 Corvette for less than a Denali pick up these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Sticker on my 2010 SLT AT was $53,000CAD, sticker on my current 2015 SLT AT (with the EXACT same spec + addition of 6.2L) was $65,500 (6.2L was a $3k option in Cda at the time) so that puts a new 6.2L Carbon Pro AT4 at around $75,000CAD before fees and taxes?

I think I have increased my wage by a whole $3/hr since 2010 if that? Certainly not enough to cover these 20% MSRP increases everytime they make new sheet metal. Inflation is roughly 3%, I don't know where the other 17% comes from. I know I can no longer easily afford the equipment package that I am accustomed to. Maybe its time to walk away from trucks altogether for my personal use and buy a sports car and bomb around in my base model 2500 when the weather is bad. Heck, you can buy a 1LZ Z06 Corvette for less than a Denali pick up these days. 

The other 17% is from the hefty wage increase, GM gave to Mexican and Chinese workers.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 11:27 AM, BigBadSierra said:

This boy is out of the market for a good while this time.  

You and me both.  If I still have a need need a truck when my '15 dies, then it's on to a used one for me.

Not even a matter of whether I can afford it or not, but a matter if I WANT to, and nope.  Not happening.  Don't want to spend that much on any new vehicle.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, jlong1984 said:

That's pretty much all they keep on the lot. I don't think I've seen a single new SLE on a dealer lot around here. 

I didn't even know the Silverado LS was still around until I read about them online. I haven't seen one in person since GMT800. Everything is LT+ or W/T.

On 4/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, Osirus said:

I didn't even know the Silverado LS was still around until I read about them online. I haven't seen one in person since GMT800. Everything is LT+ or W/T.

If my memory serves me correct, the K2 LS was just a package that added chrome bumpers and power windows/locks to a WT. It wasn't even a trim level like it was for the GMT800.