Jump to content

Gorehamj

GM Average 2019 Truck Transaction Prices Up $8,040 Compared To Outgoing Models

Recommended Posts

Sticker on my 2010 SLT AT was $53,000CAD, sticker on my current 2015 SLT AT (with the EXACT same spec + addition of 6.2L) was $65,500 (6.2L was a $3k option in Cda at the time) so that puts a new 6.2L Carbon Pro AT4 at around $75,000CAD before fees and taxes?

 

I think I have increased my wage by a whole $3/hr since 2010 if that? Certainly not enough to cover these 20% MSRP increases everytime they make new sheet metal. Inflation is roughly 3%, I don't know where the other 17% comes from. I know I can no longer easily afford the equipment package that I am accustomed to. Maybe its time to walk away from trucks altogether for my personal use and buy a sports car and bomb around in my base model 2500 when the weather is bad. Heck, you can buy a 1LZ Z06 Corvette for less than a Denali pick up these days. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Sticker on my 2010 SLT AT was $53,000CAD, sticker on my current 2015 SLT AT (with the EXACT same spec + addition of 6.2L) was $65,500 (6.2L was a $3k option in Cda at the time) so that puts a new 6.2L Carbon Pro AT4 at around $75,000CAD before fees and taxes?

 

I think I have increased my wage by a whole $3/hr since 2010 if that? Certainly not enough to cover these 20% MSRP increases everytime they make new sheet metal. Inflation is roughly 3%, I don't know where the other 17% comes from. I know I can no longer easily afford the equipment package that I am accustomed to. Maybe its time to walk away from trucks altogether for my personal use and buy a sports car and bomb around in my base model 2500 when the weather is bad. Heck, you can buy a 1LZ Z06 Corvette for less than a Denali pick up these days. 

The other 17% is from the hefty wage increase, GM gave to Mexican and Chinese workers.

 

so long

j-ten-ner

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 11:27 AM, BigBadSierra said:

This boy is out of the market for a good while this time.  

 

You and me both.  If I still have a need need a truck when my '15 dies, then it's on to a used one for me.

 

Not even a matter of whether I can afford it or not, but a matter if I WANT to, and nope.  Not happening.  Don't want to spend that much on any new vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, jlong1984 said:

 

That's pretty much all they keep on the lot. I don't think I've seen a single new SLE on a dealer lot around here. 

I didn't even know the Silverado LS was still around until I read about them online. I haven't seen one in person since GMT800. Everything is LT+ or W/T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, Osirus said:

I didn't even know the Silverado LS was still around until I read about them online. I haven't seen one in person since GMT800. Everything is LT+ or W/T.

If my memory serves me correct, the K2 LS was just a package that added chrome bumpers and power windows/locks to a WT. It wasn't even a trim level like it was for the GMT800. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, OldBlue61 said:

You and me both.  If I still have a need need a truck when my '15 dies, then it's on to a used one for me.

 

Not even a matter of whether I can afford it or not, but a matter if I WANT to, and nope.  Not happening.  Don't want to spend that much on any new vehicle.

I must be poor. When Bambi ran out and totaled my 2004, I bought a 2-year old LT All Star. Am loving not having to pay new truck payments as my monthly payment probably dropped $200 bucks. I'll never buy a new truck again.... unless the Mrs. hits Power Ball. :D

Edited by Hate Work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, L86 All Terrain said:

Sticker on my 2010 SLT AT was $53,000CAD, sticker on my current 2015 SLT AT (with the EXACT same spec + addition of 6.2L) was $65,500 (6.2L was a $3k option in Cda at the time) so that puts a new 6.2L Carbon Pro AT4 at around $75,000CAD before fees and taxes?

 

I think I have increased my wage by a whole $3/hr since 2010 if that? Certainly not enough to cover these 20% MSRP increases everytime they make new sheet metal. Inflation is roughly 3%, I don't know where the other 17% comes from. I know I can no longer easily afford the equipment package that I am accustomed to. Maybe its time to walk away from trucks altogether for my personal use and buy a sports car and bomb around in my base model 2500 when the weather is bad. Heck, you can buy a 1LZ Z06 Corvette for less than a Denali pick up these days. 

Inflation is 3% per year. 53k in 2010 is 57600 in 2015. Add that 6.2 your up to 61k. Then factor in all the options on your truck that weren’t even available in 2010. It may still be slightly more but not 20%. As for the transaction prices.... when you compare crew cab denali’s and at4’s (which is all that was available for most of the year) to a full range of trims and cabs, of course they will be higher. Once the reg cab wt and sle’s start getting factored in I’m willing to bet it won’t be much different than previous gen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 8:50 AM, Pastusak.t said:

Inflation is 3% per year. 53k in 2010 is 57600 in 2015. Add that 6.2 your up to 61k. Then factor in all the options on your truck that weren’t even available in 2010. It may still be slightly more but not 20%. As for the transaction prices.... when you compare crew cab denali’s and at4’s (which is all that was available for most of the year) to a full range of trims and cabs, of course they will be higher. Once the reg cab wt and sle’s start getting factored in I’m willing to bet it won’t be much different than previous gen. 

They don't have an AT4 or AT4 Carbon Pro at my dealer yet, but a standard CCSB SLT 6.2L has a sticker of $70,809. I would imagine the AT4 package + Carbon Pro will easily be a $5,000 touch on a standard SLT. This is MSRP's I am talking, not OTD. My 2015 literally had next to zero added features, besides the 8L90e over 6L80e,  it was the exact same spec. DCSB All Terrains, Slider back window, GPS, AFM, power fold mirrors, park assist etc. They did not add many features or options between the generations in the SLT trim line other than infotainment stuff to be honest.  

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.