Anything you hate about your truck?

1. When I open the door or unlock my radio screen comes on and then turn back off. Why can’t it just come on if I turn the key to ACC? 

2. The wireless charging pad is too small for my phone. 

3. No auto dim mirror standard for trims above WT. My 13 year old car that I just came from had auto dim mirrors standard. I love them. 

4. No adaptive cruise control. 

5. No blind spot monitors even as an option. 

6. When I get back in the car and turn it on, my car radio goes into my phone and starts playing music from it. I was not listening to music before - it just opens my music app and starts, even though the car was set to radio. 

7. Can not adjust the sensitivity of the headlights on vehicle settings. Again, my 13 yo vehicle had that option to choose from 14 sensitivity settings. 

I don't know. I’m sure there are more that I can think of, but clearly they aren’t that pressing. I still love my purchase; these are just things I wish I would see different. 

Something I forgot to mention, being that the whole vehicle is electronic and just a slightest battery issue can cause all sorts of issues like transmission bucking, hard to turn electric steering issues etc, I just swapped out my Yukon’s GM battery for an Odyssey and seems to work quicker, faster response time with key fob etc.

Warren Buffet, one of the richest people on the planet, net worth $83 Billion and yet drives a 90’s Cadillac each and every day and when asked about it he said “it works fine and I’m not into all that new electronic, everything works great just the way it is”.

I miss my Land Cruisers, push buttons

Sent from above

• Like 3

I also forgot to mention. I hate that the sticker says 16/22 for fuel mpg but I haven’t broken 17 yet. And I drive 90% interstate. I didn’t buy the truck to save on gas, but it is disappointing when I have to spend 30% more on gas than expected. 

• Like 2

I also forgot to mention. I hate that the sticker says 16/22 for fuel mpg but I haven’t broken 17 yet. And I drive 90% interstate. I didn’t buy the truck to save on gas, but it is disappointing when I have to spend 30% more on gas than expected. 

You lifted or leveled at all?

Sent from above

3 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

You lifted or leveled at all?

Sent from above

Nope. (Not yet at least - I am thinking level up front is in my future) Truck is completely stock except for DL8 -> DL3 mirrors, LTZ tails, and a tailgate lightbar. I don’t think those add enough weight to constitute that mileage drop ?

8 hours ago, EpicLT said:

What is your tire pressure?

Nope. (Not yet at least - I am thinking level up front is in my future) Truck is completely stock except for DL8 -> DL3 mirrors, LTZ tails, and a tailgate lightbar. I don’t think those add enough weight to constitute that mileage drop [emoji23]

Correct, leveling will barely affect unless you add larger tires which then will add more weight and rolling resistance. I’d look at a simple performance tune from SuperChips which is what did after adding a lift and helped.
Also, as Sierra Dan mentioned, check your tire pressure, play with the tire pressure and may add a couple extra mpg’s.

Sent from above

16 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

What is your tire pressure?

Has always been 39. Was 39 when I took delivery 3 months ago from the dealer. Truck had warranty work done at a different dealer and after that, my tire pressure was 35. Much better. But within 1 day, all tires were back to 38-39. So I have just been assuming that my tires have auto pumps ?

I’ve tried to let air out but it seems they always get more pressure again somehow. 

Edited by EpicLT
  • Like 2

My problem is with GM not letting me order what I want and not what I want.

Always make you up buy for options like Sunroofs and engine choice then force you to pay for stuff you never wanted.

They do this across the board on everything they sell and it sucks.

Imagine having a nice LT crew cab but you can get a FREAKING SUNROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with a 6.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Things I hated and fixed.

1.) Suspension. A half ton truck sprung and dampened like a 60's one ton. Needed a ladder or step bar to enter. 

2.) Water and Transmission heat management.

3.) Rust protection. 

Things I hate and have yet to fix:

1.) Alloy driveshaft

2.) Way to much torque management.  

Things that just bug me and/or can't fix. 

1.) Door chime loud enough to wake the next county

2.) Warning messages. Favorite is the one that comes on the screen while driving saying "Keep your eyes on the Road"

3.) Touching the mirror sets off the OnStar girl advertisement. 

4.) I have a manual rear view mirror that hasn't enough rage to go from day to night. Really?

5.) Gauges that lie from the heart like oil pressure and water temperature. Idiot lights are more accurate. 

6.) Overly optimistic fuel usage display. More lies. Useless. 

7.) Paint quality. Victory Red spayed thin enough to be orange, to much dirt in it and orange peeled silly.

8.) Block heaters that don't work until well past the need to use them.

9.) Scary low oil pressure taken by gauge. Likely why the dash gauge lies. LOL.  

Things I love: 

1.) Driven modestly returns way better than EPA fuel efficiency. 

2.) Quite...very quite overall

3.) Love the first two years front end treatment of the K2 series. 

4.) 6L80E makes me no longer miss a manual transmission. Even though over controlled (torque management).

5.) Even though paint is poorly applied it is hard enough to gloss very well and resist dust scratching. Easy to keep clean

6.) My steel wheels. 

• Like 3

Cylinder deactivation. Was going to be my forever truck for retirement. Lucky for me I still had my 92. Kept the 92 sold the 14. Eight years just maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothings perfect IMO.

I understand being fussy but just don't do it anymore.

I have gotten over that.

Better things to do with my time and money.

As long as the product does it's job and doesn't start costing me money for repairs it's all good.

:)

• Like 1