Cpl_Punishment

Anything you hate about your truck?

I saw a similar post on a Tundra forum and thought it'd be fun to see what gripes arise from living with a K2 day in and day out. Based on what I read over there, sounds like GM/Chevy still makes the all around best full size pickup on the market. 

• Like 1

The radio screen flashing every time you lock and unlock truck. And the safety warning on the radio. Thata all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

70mph "Chevy shake"   :|

• Like 1

All the people that it has to drive around on the road with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Every time I'm in the mood, she has a "headache".

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, my biggest gripe is not with the truck so much, but the TPMS the dealership sold me with my winter tires that crapped out after 2 years. So all winter I get a warning I have to dismiss everytime I get in.

They would do nothing for me and now wonder why I get my truck serviced elsewhere.

it doesn't have a 6.2L

• Like 2

Really minor stuff, but:

(1)  I bought a base model crew 2500HD.  The LT was only $2k more over the WT I bought, but I really wanted vinyl floors and I didn't really care about all of the upgrades on the LT.  First vehicle I've had with a backup camera and the IO3 radio screen is too small.  In retrospect, I might have gotten the LT just for the screen size.  

(2)  TPMS.  It's a 3/4 ton truck so the factory recommended pressures are set for pretty heavy loads.  I tend to run around at about 55 PSI front and 50 rear, so my TPMS warning light is always on.  I would like to have a factory setting to configure when the TPMS warning comes on.  I know a tuner can do it, but I really don't want to modify my truck.  

1.  It’s not an Ecoboost or even comparable to it (even if I had a 6.2 it still wouldn’t be an EB)

2.  When my phone is plugged into usb and I power off the radio then unplug my phone it will connect to Bluetooth and automatically turn the radio back on.  I turned my radio off for a reason I don’t want it coming back on till I turn it on. 

3.  The crappy design of the shark fin antenna that almost guarantees you’re gonna have water leaking into the cab

4.  I have to select the floor setting on my climate controls to get the defrost to come on. 

nothing else I can really think of. It checks almost every box for me. Cooled seats would be nice but I can live without them

• Like 1

1. Chevy shake
2. Tranny shutter/jerk
3. Flimsy wobbly-like feeling shifter
4. Clunky g80 locker
5. Slow compared to Hemis and Ecoboosts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely hate how the A/C will come on when I remote start the truck, even on a cool 68 degree morning... WHEN I had the entire HVAC system turned OFF when I parked the truck. 

Then put the key in, and it shuts back off. 

Just leave the a/c off like it was!!! 

• Thanks 1

Overall happy @ 49622 miles.  Compared to others, I've been blessed. 

Oh,  wait a minute.  Seriously the only thing I could think of is it seems like the interior plastic scratches too darn easy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, i82much said:

2)  TPMS.  It's a 3/4 ton truck so the factory recommended pressures are set for pretty heavy loads.  I tend to run around at about 55 PSI front and 50 rear, so my TPMS warning light is always on.  I would like to have a factory setting to configure when the TPMS warning comes on.  I know a tuner can do it, but I really don't want to modify my truck.  

Dealer can set tire pressure monitors to what ever you want to run, had them do it to my 2500.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Booger T said:

Dealer can set tire pressure monitors to what ever you want to run, had them do it to my 2500.

thanks!!!

I dont hate my truck.. I just wish I had got a few other options

Looking back I should of found a 4x4 or 6.2 but since I just drive highway to work I guess it'll just come with the next truck! lol

• Like 1