Anything you hate about your truck?

For me, I crank my truck as soon as i get in, then put on my seatbelt, adjust my radio, etc...and by then launch...usually less than a minute but more than 10 or 15 seconds...I know some people that use remote start a minimum of 3 times in the morning to "warm up" the truck...that's 30 minutes of idle time! I mainly use my remote start in the dog-days of summer and in the dead of winter. In the other parts of spring/summer (when the high is maybe 80-ish) I like to hold the unlock to put all the windows down while I am walking to the truck to let that big blast of heat out.
I'm not a big fan of letting a vehicle idle for minutes before driving off but I live in a quiet area at the top of a hill so I can start, drive off slowly & cruise at almost no throttle for about 3 minutes before I have to hit the gas. If I had to pull out of my drive onto a main road I'd probably have to let it warm up a bit for some mechanical sympathy.

Sent using Tapatalk - 2014 5.3 WT

• Like 1

- Heated seats could be a lot warmer.  They are great for taking the chill off..........but with a bad back, I'd like to have them warmer for longer drives.  My Dad's 2011 had warmer seats.

- Wish the A/C was colder............my 1999 was an ice box.  Fortunately we don't have crazy hot summers, just a week or two of god awfulness.
- Rear tire spin on slightly wet pavement.
- Not sold on the newer 6 speed transmissions

Well since I've only had the truck for about 2 weeks now, My biggest complaint is the low-pro 22" tires it came with because 1 of the 4 NEW tires touched a curb in a gas station and boom blown out side wall and I'm out almost $300.00 for a new tire.

As a coffee lover and with a 40/20/40 front seat those 3 cup holders are kinda small and barely hold a large ice coffee cup.

I really hate that the little blind spot mirror on my drivers mirror, that is completely useless.

That's really all I've had complaints with so far.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:35 AM, jimbofoxman said:

- Heated seats could be a lot warmer.  They are great for taking the chill off..........but with a bad back, I'd like to have them warmer for longer drives.  My Dad's 2011 had warmer seats.

- Wish the A/C was colder............my 1999 was an ice box.  Fortunately we don't have crazy hot summers, just a week or two of god awfulness.
- Rear tire spin on slightly wet pavement.
- Not sold on the newer 6 speed transmissions

The seat heaters in my '15 and in my '18 work(ed) great.  I usually start them at FULL heat, have to turn them down after about 10 minutes, and continue to use them at their lowest setting.  My bad back loves the heat, even on a hot summer day. 
Your AC, I would have them check the servicing on it, and for leaks.  I have to run the climate control at 68ºF when my wife rides/drives it, but I usually run it at 72ºF, and am very comfortable.

Most trucks will spin their back tires when the roads are damp, especially when you push the gas pedal too far.

6 Speed?  Think mine is a 8.

10 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

The seat heaters in my '15 and in my '18 work(ed) great.  I usually start them at FULL heat, have to turn them down after about 10 minutes, and continue to use them at their lowest setting.  My bad back loves the heat, even on a hot summer day. 
Your AC, I would have them check the servicing on it, and for leaks.  I have to run the climate control at 68ºF when my wife rides/drives it, but I usually run it at 72ºF, and am very comfortable.

Most trucks will spin their back tires when the roads are damp, especially when you push the gas pedal too far.

6 Speed?  Think mine is a 8.

I usually settle at around 68°/69°......I just like it to be ice cold and blowing on me when it's cooling the truck down.  The 99's did have one of the best cooling systems I've ever seen in a vehicle.  Meat locker if you wanted it.

• Like 1

I also hate not being  able to turn Stabilitrac off completely.    Yes I know it and Traction Control can be turned off........but Stabilitrac comes back on a 35.  If their is snow on the ground you got to have some fun!

I would have to say the soft ride shocks, but I do get why they put those on there.  For the comfy road trip ride.  Let’s face it, unless you bought the WT or long bed 2500 series, the 1500s are family vehicles that can make the occasional Home Depot run.  My old truck, which I do miss, was an 84 C10 Silverado.  That had every option for a 2wd truck.  Power windows, power door locks, cruise control, AC, AM/FM stereo (with 4 speakers), etc.  My current ride (2014 LTZ) has WAY more it than my 84 did.  I swapped out the stock shocks/struts for some Bilstein B6s and LOVE how it rides like a truck.  Put a better muffler on it and got rid of the tail pipe (cut off just over the axle) for that truck growl.  But I’m amazed at how quiet this thing is when driving.  I don’t like that it doesn’t have rear AC controls, but oh well, it’s got dual zone and it blows ice cold so not really complaining.  OH!  The floor mat tie downs...why did they have to make the floor mats attach to the carpet?  Should have the tie snap go to the floor metal.  That carpet hold ripped within a year.  Had to sew it up with fishing line.  Still working, but worn.  Anyway, other than the factory TSBs that I’ve had to deal with (only 3), the only other thing I can gripe about is that I wish you could get online software/firmware updates instead of having to go to the dealership for them.

That’s All Folks!

-TheImpalaMan

Edited by TheImpalaMan