Anything you hate about your truck?

14 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Overall happy @ 49622 miles.  Compared to others, I've been blessed. 

Oh,  wait a minute.  Seriously the only thing I could think of is it seems like the interior plastic scratches too darn easy

This is an issue on the Tundras as well apparently. 

13 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Is this by design or is there something wrong with your climate controls? 

I think there is something wrong.  When I press defrost the vent closes for some reason but when I push the floor setting the upper defrost vent opens up.

I went to the dealer to verify and they said yeah it shouldn't be like that.  But of course they said "we'll need it for a couple of days to figure it out" so I said screw it and left.  I can live it.  Its warming up here in TX and my AC works as it should so Im not really worried about the defrost

Edited by Jacoby

My biggest complaints on my 2018 Elevation are:

1.  Active fuel management.  It is way too noticeable in its operation.  It causes surging, noise, and vibration. 

2.  I wish my truck had a leather wrapped steering wheel, with audio controls, but I was trying to stick to a budget, so I had to give up something.  Maybe one day I'll upgrade it, maybe not.

Just now, Jacoby said:

I think there is something wrong.  When I press defrost the vent closes for some reason but when I push the floor setting the upper defrost vent opens up.

I went to the dealer to verify and they said yeah it shouldn't be like that.  But I cant stand going to the dealer so im just going to live with it.  Its warming up here in TX and my AC works as it should so Im not really worried about the defrost

Yeah, more of an issue where I live than where you do. ?

I hate how small the sunroof is compared to my brothers f150.

I despise gm for cheaping out on the upper control arms and using stamped steel on the 2016.5+ instead of the aluminums that were on my 2015.

Part of me wishes they would have done push button start but it’s not the end of the world.

The interior and infotainment display is subpar when compared to the new dodges.

After all that said I wouldn’t want a different truck, I absolutely love driving chevys and the exterior look is 1000 times better than anything else out there IMO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

Active fuel management.  It is way too noticeable in its operation.  It causes surging, noise, and vibration. 

FWIW if you have warranty left, get this checked out.  I've owned a 5.3 and a 4.3 with AFM and the green indicator light is the only way to detect this feature. 

I despise the radio. Any time I make a quick stop and shut the truck off and get back in it less than 5-10 minutes later, the radio fails to read my USB hard drive in the jump seat and I either have to switch over to radio and wait 2 minutes and switch back to media or randomly unplug the drive, wait a second and plug it back in to make it work again. It also loves to randomly reboot itself while the radio is working just fine.

It's also annoying how fast the passenger seatbelt alert kicks on. My girlfriend will just get in and put her belt on and if she doesn't do it within seconds it will start to chime about her not being buckled but I can leave my belt off and it won't yell until I get up to like 20 mph. The constant nagging messages on the DIC about your phone being connected.

I also wish the lower glovebox compartment also locked and not just the upper glovebox. IDK why anyone would value their actual gloves that much to lock the tiny upper compartment and not want the larger lower compartment to lock as well. I can only lock the jump seat and upper glovebox on mine.

2 hours ago, rkj__ said:

My biggest complaints on my 2018 Elevation are:

1.  Active fuel management.  It is way too noticeable in its operation.  It causes surging, noise, and vibration. 

Having just picked up a 2019 old body, I agree.  My 2012 was no different either.  Having driven the new trucks that now have that pendulum absorber on the converter, makes all the difference in the world. Soaks up a lot of the cylinder change. 

Having just picked up a 2019 old body, I agree.  My 2012 was no different either.  Having driven the new trucks that now have that pendulum absorber on the converter, makes all the difference in the world. Soaks up a lot of the cylinder change. 
Before this they tried to use the trans to slip and shift to hide the afm. Causes more trans issues. Delete afm fix trans tune and it's a whole new truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

the green indicator light is the only way to detect this feature. 

I think that if everyone shared that opinion, there would be a lot less discussion on this forum about how to disable the feature. 

Edited by rkj__
  • Like 1

Gearing makes my truck feel like I have my 93 Toyota 22RE engine under the hood

I owned three of those way back when. Beat the hell out them very solid trucks. They couldn’t keep up with GMs back then let alone now, I had GMs and Fords then too. They didn’t hold up as well but they had no trouble out running them. So to compare the GM engine to the 22R as far as performance is laughable.