Anything you hate about your truck?

Hmm...

1) Poor dash fitment at the top above gauges.

2) Low quality door panels that dent from my F'n elbow.

3) Android Auto still sucks.

4) wireless charger is finicky.

5) Truck takes premium (1.80/liter!). Seriously though, I love the 6.2.

6) heated mirror and auto dim stopped working at 80,000 km.

7) Vents always seem to blow warm air when set to off.

This is my second brand new GM truck. There are a lot of things I love when compared to other brands, but the dislike list is a little longer than the one from my '09. But I tell ya, that 6.2 makes up for a lot of the short comings.

21 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Drain Rear Diff and add Amsoil 75W90, rear axle needs a greasing too which dealership can do it for you and helps stop the clunk.

Sent from above

Do you have a reference to the greasing?

Do you have a reference to the greasing?

It’s a Slip Yoke issue, call your service department and ask to speak with the service rep then ask about the greasing of the yoke. Mine does it once out of 20 times, will switch out Slip Yoke if it becomes a problem but apparently it’s been an issue with GM past 15yrs

Sent from above

• Thanks 1

I'm sure it's already been said, but I'm here to say it again:

1. Garbage shocks - Why they continue to use these marshmallows is beyond me.

2. The fact that I have to put my truck in Trailer mode every time I get in it to have a transmission that shifts the way it should.

Other than that, I traded in a 2014 for a 2018 to get the truck I wanted and I'm happy with it.

Edited by Darmichar

I hate that the windshield in my Sierra doesn’t have any tint along the top and the visors can’t move enough to cover the gaps where the sun comes. My 05 Silverado’s visors had parts that slid out & would tuck in behind the rearview mirror or almost all the way to the back on the door side window, if needed. And I hate that I didn’t get that “eyebrow” tint put in when I got the doors done. 

The transmission torque converter shudder is annoying. 

I wish my center console locked. The latch on it should have come in chrome like so many other GM vehicles. 

I really hate that 98mph speed limiter! I’ve got 420 horsepower! Let me use it!

I hate that the windshield in my Sierra doesn’t have any tint along the top and the visors can’t move enough to cover the gaps where the sun comes. My 05 Silverado’s visors had parts that slid out & would tuck in behind the rearview mirror or almost all the way to the back on the door side window, if needed. And I hate that I didn’t get that “eyebrow” tint put in when I got the doors done. 

The transmission torque converter shudder is annoying. 

I wish my center console locked. The latch on it should have come in chrome like so many other GM vehicles. 

I really hate that 98mph speed limiter! I’ve got 420 horsepower! Let me use it!
Chrome latch you can buy for $30. And how did you get 420hp. More like 320. And really much less with torque management.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Darmichar said:

I'm sure it's already been said, but I'm here to say it again:

1. Garbage shocks - Why they continue to use these marshmallows is beyond me.

2. The fact that I have to put my truck in Trailer mode every time I get in it to have a transmission that shifts the way it should.

Other than that, I traded in a 2014 for a 2018 to get the truck I wanted and I'm happy with it.

Which shocks/ suspension package? 

12 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Which shocks/ suspension package? 

I've had both OE setups, the black Tenneco's on my 2014 and now the Rancho's on my 2018, both leave a lot to be desired.

I've had both OE setups, the black Tenneco's on my 2014 and now the Rancho's on my 2018, both leave a lot to be desired.
You just need one more piece and your good to go. Rear air bag. It is a world of difference. If stock hight a 2500 bag and just a touch of rake. People that run rear bags swear by them and buy them for every truck after that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Only 2 thIngs and one I got used to

1: elevation came with no power driver seat hate how low it sits

2: most annoying arm rest. Hate I mean hate the hole in the middle - arm constantly falls in there. 

Just want it flat no indentation 

12 hours ago, Cupton said:

Oh man, I thought I was the only one! Every time my daughter gets out of the truck, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

x3

Holy crap that is annoying and I am too damn short to reach over there and fix it on this truck

On my previous Colorado I could.

I have not noticed the passenger seatbelt issue and will check to see what mine does differently.  I wonder if there is an issue with the seatbelt retractor mechanism that is a fix during your b to b warranty?  Shoulder straps have been around for many years and the bugs should be gone.  I was driving half-tons when shoulder straps were being introduced into all vehicles and I found these early versions truly (and literally) a pain in the neck!