Anyone got photos or recommendations? Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on Long Bed

Looking for a tonneau cover preferably under $900 for my long bed DRW.  Love how the ultra flush retractable tonneau’s look but not in love with their price.

Leaning toward the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 but wanted to get your opinion or perhaps another suggestion.  Does it really stick up that much in the bigger scheme of things?

Edited by bimmerboy318

I put one on my 2015 and moved it to my 2017 I currently have. It does stick up a little bit, but with the bed rail caps it kind of blends in. I really like how easy it is to remove and reinstall when I want to haul stuff. A lot of the other "flush" covers require you to open the lid before you can close the tailgate but the Extang doesn't because it has a triple seal at the tailgate lip.

I ended up getting the GM soft fold, works great with the auto down feature. The part I like about it best is it ha a slam latch to close it, and just twist the release to open. Much better than having to lock down or release both sides. 

Only thing I don’t like about my extang solid fold 2.0 on my 2019 Sierra is the auto release for the tailgate doesn’t drop the tailgate anymore. It will unlock it but won’t fully open.

5EEDB172-E24C-497E-B9DC-41D7E86153E2.jpeg

Edited by JacobC1983

I got the official GMC hard, tri-fold Tonneau cover that front section opens and locks with latches by twisting the lock knob. The rear knob is underneath and you must open tailgate to access the lever to twist. Very easy to operate but more difficult to install than the clamp type because the rails are held on with 8 screws and probably more on your rig as I have short bed 1500. You have to go with a retractable or some other hard cover model if you really want security because most all of these can be opened with a tire tool in seconds. However be prepared to much more money, I wanted to stay under $900 like you, but if you want real security and absolutely want everyting to really stay dry that might be impossible. Mine is more for looks, convenience and economy security because if someone really wants to get in... 

Like others I have an original solid fold on my Sierra and it's great. I really like it but I've since seen some lower profile options that look really good. I never noticed how high it was until it was pointed out but I like having a cover I can stand on. To me that's the only con.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread. Can someone with a 19 long bed take some measurements? I have a 2020 3500 Long Bed and the accessories page lists the same covers as the 19 1500 long bed. Just want to make sure they're actually the same dimension.