In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

insurance claim front bumper upgrade

My parked 2018 got swiped light bumper damage... insurance quote is over 1200 want to upgrade the bumper in the process... but cant tell what looks good on a stock truck... any suggestions?

If I could upgrade right now, I’d go with this one. Westin HDX

90e0f6ab09f49ed88ecec35dc49c6d6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

My parked 2018 got swiped light bumper damage... insurance quote is over 1200 want to upgrade the bumper in the process... but cant tell what looks good on a stock truck... any suggestions?
I just got a quote on mine it was 1400

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, jaxcam02 said:

none of them "look good" on a stock truck. They are all big, fat abominations.

That they do. Big ugly chunk of steel/ aluminum on the front. Unless it’s used as a tool or purpose I just don’t get it. 

Looks terrible and seems like a downgrade. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are some smaller, low profile versions that don’t look like BIG, FAT, ABOMINATIONS to me. Especially when match painted to blend. I do agree that lifted trucks seem to carry the heavier bumpers better.

i will look and see if I can find a non horrendous version...

Edited by Darksky
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SHEVLINI
      Anyone updated a 2016 Sierra to 2020 Sierra (Bose 7 speaker on both?) I am looking to update my 2016 SLT crew to a 2020 Denali, and want to confirm I am dealing with the same (or similar) animal.  The 2016 has PAC AP4-GM61,  old school PPI PC450 running 100x4 at 2 ohm, Infinity Kappa 60CSX component front, 62IX 2 way rear, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D running 500 watts at 2 ohms, and a sealed JL 10w1v3-4.  Embarrassed to say factory dash speakers, but you do not hear them except for a phone call... Incredible sounding system, but I do not want to have to do it again. Does 2020+ no longer use "MOST" bus communication? Anyone measure wattage from Bose?  Any difference between SLT, AT4, and Denali Bose amps?  Thanks in advance for your research assistance.
    • By Danny From Canada
      I’m looking at purchasing a ‘22 Elevation.   Unfortunately the truck I’m looking at isn’t equipped with the dual exhaust/bumper, which is what I want.  It just has the regular pipe out the side.   Does anyone know if the dealer can swap out the bumper and add the dual exhaust?  
    • By Nathan Gwin
      First time posting on here, I’ve tried Facebook for answer and have gotten nowhere. 

I have seen all of the cargo/reverse light mods and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. 

I am wanting to add a set of reverse bumper lights to my truck, my problem that I’m trying to figure out is I want to either add a switch on my dash or use the existing cargo lamp switch to power them. I am only wanting my reverse lights to come on when I put my truck in reverse or turn the cargo light switch on but when I put my truck in reverse I do NOT want my cargo lights to come on. I want to be able to use my bumper lights anytime I please no matter if I’m parked or driving down the road but I also don’t want my tail light reverse lights to be on when I turn the switch on. Only when I put my truck in reverse do I want the factory reverse lights on, I don’t want them to be on if I’m driving down the road. I also don’t want my truck to display the R on the dash if I’m driving down the road and I turn them on. 

I figure I’m gonna need a couple of relays and diode or two but I not exactly sure what I will need or how to add them all to the truck and it function how I want it. 

I want to be able to add a switch into the bed for the bed lights as well so I need the cargo/bed light switch that I add to work with this setup I’m wanting to add. 

• By Cohen
      Looking for what else you guys recommend to replace. I Noticed one of my tie rod grease boots was busted, planning to replace both inner and outer tie rods, sway bay end link, sway bar bushings.

Anything else while I’m under there and have to get an alignment? Mileage is at 78,000 miles. 

Looking to use MOOG parts. Running 33’s so if anyone else has upgraded to something beefier let me know!
    • By Nathan m
      I have a 09 silverado 1500 WT 

It has heated rear window but no heated mirrors. And I can't see a wire for heated mirrors in the door compartment (although I haven't opened the door panels in a few months) I do seem to have 2 wires (it feels like 2) going through the door boot (I haven't opened the boot to see the colors but I assume it is for the door open sensor, but I could be wrong)

I am wanting to add tow mirrors to the truck and especially heated mirrors ( I plow with the truck and really would love the heated mirrors) I was wondering how I would go about adding heated mirrors ( like I said I have the heated back glass so shouldn't the wiring for heated mirrors already be in the truck as I think they run off the same switch and I'm gonna assume the same harness ( I could be completely wrong and they could be different harnesses)

Looking for help as I am wanting to do this conversion if possible