Previous F150 owners inputs on the 2019 gm's

11 hours ago, Bleedblue11 said:

Thanks so much my man, great information in here. I live north of Edmonton so artificial lighting is a rarity here as well.

Where?  I spent a significant chunk of the '80's north of Edmonton (High Prairie region).  Fords were the popular choice at that time! 

I had a 2018 f150 crew cab Stx 2.7l with 3.55 elocker. I currently own a 2019 Silverado rst z71 5.3l with the 3.23. Both are crew cabs. Let me start off but saying ford bought my truck back. That bad. Anyway, I am very pleased with the Chevy. I’m averaging the same mpg with the Chevy which I was shocked. I thought it would be a little less. The ride quality is much better than the ford. Yes, my ford was a lemon bet in terms of handling the Chevy takes turns much better whereas the ford felt more like a work truck. I do have to say the fords tt 2.7l was fast or at least feels faster. Otherwise, hands down the Chevy feels so much better in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

I’m averaging the same mpg with the Chevy which I was shocked. I thought it would be a little less.

Not surprising to me. I'm getting way better than EPA numbers on mine. My 2012 F-150 got better gas mileage than EPA but the 2016 did much worse. Both were 5.0 V-8s. The new Silverado is impressive with gas mileage, I agree here.

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

I had a 2018 f150 crew cab Stx 2.7l with 3.55 elocker. I currently own a 2019 Silverado rst z71 5.3l with the 3.23. Both are crew cabs. Let me start off but saying ford bought my truck back. That bad. Anyway, I am very pleased with the Chevy. I’m averaging the same mpg with the Chevy which I was shocked. I thought it would be a little less. The ride quality is much better than the ford. Yes, my ford was a lemon bet in terms of handling the Chevy takes turns much better whereas the ford felt more like a work truck. I do have to say the fords tt 2.7l was fast or at least feels faster. Otherwise, hands down the Chevy feels so much better in every way.

Curious to know what kind of issues you were having for them to buy your truck back

Lets see if I could remember them all.

Let’s start with vibration, ohh the vibration. They couldn’t figure that out. They checked my drive shaft, suspension, new tires, new rims. I told them to check the rear diff from the start and they never did. The rear diff was also leaking. I said that’s the perfect time to check it because they’re gonna have to re seal it. They never did. Yes, dealership was incompetent as well. Continuing, multiple sensors failed and had to be replaced. Parking brake stopped working. Had issues with four wheel drive not engaging. Rear brake lights stopped working. Once, driving down the highway with cruise control on, I hit the brakes and cruise control wouldn’t turn off. That was scary. Had to pull over on the highway, force it into park and shut the truck off. Had fluid leaking from my driveshaft. Alignment was terribly off which was fixed three separate times. Ughhh, the list goes on. And get this, they denied for a buyback twice. Passed me off to six separate case managers and two separate regional managers and played many many many games. Thank god I documented everything. Even the gm of my dealership told them they should buy it back. I met all my state requirements for a lemon law and ford kept denying me. I took them to arbitration with my attorney general. A week before my date they called me up and said after reviewing your case we would like to settle out of court. After all that, I would never ever go through ford again. I know there are bad apples. However, the way I was treated or mistreated I should say was horrendous. Just to give you a time frame, the truck was bought in May 2018. By June was in the shop. By August I already met my states requirements and opened my first buyback case. Didn’t settle til end of February. Which got me here, purchasing a Silverado a week after receiving my settlement check. Woooooo that was long winded

Edit: I also forgot to mention my brake booster was replaced multiple times due to failure and my pedal assembly replaced because it freaked like an old barn door and they couldn’t fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, Bleedblue11 said:

Hey guys,

I currently own a 2017 F150, 3.5 ECO, XLT, FX4. Overall I would say I am happy with the ford. Great passing power, great fuel mileage, painted frame, huge flat load rear floor and quiet ride. All of this aside, I have had a few issues, including the engine rattle after letting of the gas, and issues with the hubs grinding in cold weather. None of which ford has fixed. I am currently looking at a 2019 Silverado RST. Looking for input on a few things and wanted to see what other previous Ford owners have noticed after switching over. Is the ride as quiet? how is the Bose sound system, do you ever wish you had more power out of the 5.3? And how does the truck handle cold weather..... Im talking -45 Celsius without the wind chill. Also how does the 8 speed tow? And lastly, how are the new LED headlights..... the halogens on my F150 are complete garbage.

I know its a lot but if anyone could provide input it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Not sure if you've pulled the trigger on this yet or not, but I wanted to offer my input having come from a 2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost.  I sold the F150 and bought a 19 RST crew with the 5.3 V8.  Now I don't know how you drive, but I can tell you that I was EXTREMELY disappointed.  So much so that I took a $4K loss a month later to trade it in on a 19 LTZ with the 6.2L.  If you appreciated the power that ecoboost has, you might want to try the 5.3 for a day or 2 before spending that much money on one.  I love the look of the RST with the painted grille and bumpers, which is why I bought that, but the lack of power or get up and go compared to the ecobeast wasn't worth it.  To be quite honest, that ecoboost of mine could have at least hung with my 6.2 if not beat it in a drag race.  I know I'm not racing, but I don't like to feel sluggish with a V8. 

8 hours ago, Robwcormack said:

Not sure if you've pulled the trigger on this yet or not, but I wanted to offer my input having come from a 2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost.  I sold the F150 and bought a 19 RST crew with the 5.3 V8.  Now I don't know how you drive, but I can tell you that I was EXTREMELY disappointed.  So much so that I took a $4K loss a month later to trade it in on a 19 LTZ with the 6.2L.  If you appreciated the power that ecoboost has, you might want to try the 5.3 for a day or 2 before spending that much money on one.  I love the look of the RST with the painted grille and bumpers, which is why I bought that, but the lack of power or get up and go compared to the ecobeast wasn't worth it.  To be quite honest, that ecoboost of mine could have at least hung with my 6.2 if not beat it in a drag race.  I know I'm not racing, but I don't like to feel sluggish with a V8. 

No experience with the Fords or the 5.3 other than one test drive, but I agree that I love and definitely recommend the 6.2. For $2500 it’s the best bargain on the whole list of options in my opinion.

My buddy just bought a F150(coming from a 2016 chevy  5.3 3:42 gears) 5.0 10 speed 3:73 gears and that thing is a monster and i am comparing it to my 6.2. It feels like it has more torque than mine even though it doesn't. I would have to imagine the 3.5 TT feels even better. So far he loves it way more than the chevy. I have never been a ford guy but after riding in his i may go the other way. 

Buy why looks best to you and what is best deal. All trucks have issues. Everyone has a story to tell about what they like. Go drive them and see what is best bang for the buck.  I don’t drink the GM Kool aid or ford or dodge etc. it’s funny  when I see people trying to convince other people that one manufacture has more problems than the other 

Still, there's been good information here.. such as non-Z71 models not having 4x4 Low. I did not know that and would have been majorly pissed! I had assumed all would have it.

Some chimed in about missing their F-150 keypads which Chevy offers as accessory. It's still nice to get everybody's opinions.