Previous F150 owners inputs on the 2019 gm's

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Still, there's been good information here.. such as non-Z71 models not having 4x4 Low. I did not know that and would have been majorly pissed! I had assumed all would have it.

Some chimed in about missing their F-150 keypads which Chevy offers as accessory. It's still nice to get everybody's opinions.

Also, the 6.2L comes with the two speed transfer case, even without Z71.

8 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

My buddy just bought a F150(coming from a 2016 chevy  5.3 3:42 gears) 5.0 10 speed 3:73 gears and that thing is a monster and i am comparing it to my 6.2. It feels like it has more torque than mine even though it doesn't. I would have to imagine the 3.5 TT feels even better. So far he loves it way more than the chevy. I have never been a ford guy but after riding in his i may go the other way. 

My brother has a 2018 5.0L and my 2015 6.2L will smoke it. I don't think he has the 10spd. 

3 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

My brother has a 2018 5.0L and my 2015 6.2L will smoke it. I don't think he has the 10spd. 

You smoke it ?  Would love to see the video. Not calling bs but smoking someone is what 2-3 trucks and that is a life time. All tests have the gm 6.2 and the ford  3.5 and ford 2.7 all very close 0-60 and quarter mile. 

Edited by f8l vnm

2 hours ago, Smoothie said:

Also the rear end ratio plays a big part here.

Yeah for sure, great point. And again another ford win for offering several different ratios.  Nice being able to choose as ford offers 3:15,3:31;3:55 and 3:73. 

And not all were electronic locking.. I had to get the optional 3.55 because it was one of the only two with electronic locking rear differential. Very useful especially in snow!

12 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Yeah for sure, great point. And again another ford win for offering several different ratios.  Nice being able to choose as ford offers 3:15,3:31;3:55 and 3:73. 

They also have the worst limited slip differential and rear end traction of any pickup in the segment. So, that big loss cancels out the big win there unless you're a pavement princess or want to upgrade to a TrueTrac. 

That’s funny, I’ve owned both and worked on ROWs for 40 years. Usually I buy crews basic 4X4s and usually I go with Z71s or equivalent. The Fords had no problems following the Chevy or vise versa. If anything it seems the Ford would lock up easier and spin less. And they were base models. All with K02s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, L86 All Terrain said:

They also have the worst limited slip differential and rear end traction of any pickup in the segment. So, that big loss cancels out the big win there unless you're a pavement princess or want to upgrade to a TrueTrac. 

Brothers F150 and Good Freinds F150 have never had any issues with their locking ends/differential . But i understand your stating facts from what magazine again that states ford is the worst ? lol  :) 

19 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Maybe he has a the 3:15 gear but he does have the 10 speed. My buddy has the 3:73 gears . There is no way i am smoking his truck.

19 hours ago, Wiggums said:

All 2018 F-150 trucks have the 10-speed except for the very basic 3.3 V-6.

The 3.5 EcoBoost will smoke any Chevy pick-up truck.

I seen a video where they dragged raced the 2018 3.5 eco vs the 2018 5.0 in the quarter mile and the 3.5 eco beat the 5.0 by a 1/2 a car which is super close. I think all chevy's are also in trouble against the 5.0

Edited by Gagliano7