Gear you keep in your truck

Luke, upvoted for your Dad’s umbrella. I carry a few of my Pop’s truck trinkets as well. I also keep a maintenance log, as he did, in the glovebox He’s been gone to his reward for many a year. Thanks for the happy reminder.

If you get a chance, post a picture of your modified underseat storage unit. I’ve thought about chopping mine up a bit lately.

• Like 1

I keep my 2" hitch (in its case), jumper cables, DC tire pump, 3-4 blankets (including a moving blanket), cargo straps in a helmet bag, a large moving box (folded up, works great to lay on the ground to get under vehicles, and to slide things into/out-of the bed), and occasionally a small tool kit.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Must be a damn good job to take you from FL to WI. 
Im moving from cali cause i hate cali.Lived here all my life and sooo tired of what the liberals have done to this place. Also can relocate with my company. Ppl are my kind in wisconsin and ill truly love the weather. Tired of fires and politics in this pos state. Looking forward to the move.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Paracord, fishing line and random lures bc you just never know when they’re biting, pocket knife(s), goretex jacket, first aid/safety bag, flashlight, jumper cables, phone charger, wool socks, khukuri, backup battery for charging, collapsible dog bowl, tow strap, lotion/hair bands/hand sanitizer/stray hair/whatever else my wife “forgets”, lighter and matches, water bottle, gorilla tape, bug dope, and a couple ratchet straps.

Those are stowed in the center console area, behind the front seats and center console, or tucked under the back seat on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/29/2019 at 12:18 PM, manderson7015 said:

Im moving from cali cause i hate cali.Lived here all my life and sooo tired of what the liberals have done to this place. Also can relocate with my company. Ppl are my kind in wisconsin and ill truly love the weather. Tired of fires and politics in this pos state. Looking forward to the move.

I may move out of CA in the next few years, but I have a great paying job, and my kids want to finish HS with their friends.  Looking at either AZ or TX, maybe NM.

If your commuting in town 90% of the time you don't really need anything. My company services the ice roads you see those dramatic clowns running on in the Ice Road Trucker show, when we are up there we take extra fuel, food, blankets, satellite telephone, tools, air-line repair kits, come-alongs, ether (for flats) a gladhand adapater for airing up tires, hammers, bars, snatch blocks, powersaw/axe, booster cables, GB150 booster pack, tire chains, salted sand, shovels, 12,000 aux winch, tow straps, Henry .22lr Survival rifle and 12v cig outlet cooker. But most people aren't venturing 200 miles away from civilization at 10mph speeds. Some trips up there you don't see another human for 2-3 days. 

On 7/29/2019 at 3:18 PM, manderson7015 said:

Nice that you can make a choice like that. My wife and I left SoCal 6 years ago after 40 years (born and raised). Only thing I miss is the family left behind. Some of the time. ?

Edited by Cupton
  • Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 2:18 PM, manderson7015 said:

Where are you moving to?