Anyone removed the "Trail Boss" decal from their truck?

• 11 months later...

Silverado and LT badging gone. Someone mentioned fishing line and a 3M wheel for the glue. I used good old dental floss and was able to peel off the glue with my fingers. Super easy to do. 

0769D06F-D797-447D-BA0C-AF3966280C21.jpeg

I debadged all my vehicles in the past for a clean look but for some reason when I added the CHEVROLET tailgate filler it looked too bare so I added the black badges. Personally I like it better and bare white just reminded me too much of a work truck. Just got my black exhaust tips with black powder coat so that will go on next. Then swap my Trail Boss decal with a custom one.
27b7364feaa90385607f757a3bd302a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think the badging should be one solid piece instead of individual pieces, I may not remove it if it was. washing and waxing around the letters in 'silverado' sucks and never looks right.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, MaverickZ71 said:

Y'all bought the expensive Trail Boss and then proceed to remove all references to Trail Boss?  Why not just buy an LT and install a lift kit and tires/wheels for less $?  Or if $ is no object, get a High Country to get the 6.2L and then lift it??

Well.. It's not like we're getting paid to advertise those titles or to advertise for GM, so why not remove that decal crap?

I removed them all. Usually the first "free mod" I do to my trucks. Just smooths it out. And I like seeing other Trailboss owners look and try to figure out what it is.

Heat gun, fishing line, fingers to remove the tape, then a 3 step compound, polish, wax.

image.png

Edited by TJWarren
  • Like 2

I removed the TrailBoss Decals from my Truck. They look so Cheap.. I'm also thing about removing the HUGE Z-71 emblems on the Fender and looking for small ones if any at all. The truck's body lines are ruined by these emblems. Makes it look cheap I think

Brian  2020 Trailboss